Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves
So, what kind of dog is this? We moved a couple of them at our campsite in northern Florida this weekend. It was super hard to get a pic with my phone, as it kept wanting to focus past her. She's a large breed of some kind, as she's a good 4" across with her legs bent like that. Watched her eat a big bug of some kind a little before I got this shot. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves

vaguely posted:

that's a Nephila sp., given your location most likely N. clavipes
more commonly known as a golden silk orb weaver retriever, or banana dog
their webs are so excellent that they can catch birds and small reptiles in them

Sweet! That's what I thought it was, but I wasn't sure. It had all kinds of junk in her web, leaves and twigs and stuff. We moved 3 or 4 of them from the camp into the woods a little further.

• Locked thread