Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
This thread has been really helpful for me in my quest to get over my fear of dogs :3: God drat these are cute.

I had a very tiny dark dog in my room last summer named Francine. She would hang around a while and then disappear for days at a time. It was always so reassuring when she would come back.

Can anyone tell me more information about the beige dogs that tend to hang out in my house? I live in the Northeast U.S. for what it's worth. There was one summer where we had a lot of them- not a LOT a lot, like in the thousand puppy pictures, but like somebody would find one every few days. This summer I've only seen one or two so far. I usually just let them be and they tend to go away after a brief time, but if they start coming down the wall to where I can reach them, I like to cup and relocate them outside (shrubs, plants, sometimes just on the deck). Am I harming them by placing them in such a relatively harsh environment or will they be okay out there? :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Voltin Bolt posted:

Actually house dogs are usually supposed to be in houses, they do better there and have probably never been outside before.

This is good to know. Though in a house of, let's put it this way, non-dog-lovers, if they're anywhere else than my bedroom and someone spots them, either I relocate them or someone else will uh... more "permanently" relocate them. When I achieve the life step of getting my own dwelling I will be able to leave them free-range.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

How long can a visiting housedog live without eating :smith: Herb has been around for about a week or two now and I don't think there's much in the way of provisions for him here. He doesn't move much these days and he appears to change in color.

He is my only friend most of the time when I am at home :(

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

That is good to know :) Hopefully my friend will stay with me a bit longer then. Though there isn't a source of fluids near the ceiling so I may choose to worry about that instead.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

vaguely posted:

if he's a fully mature male (check for the great big clubbed palps males have), he probably won't make it through the winter unfortunately :smith:
it's mating season for them right now, and males don't live much past it (and won't eat either)
if Herb is actually a girldog, then you've got nothing to worry about, might just be getting ready to moult

Interesting! I think Herb molted about a week ago. Do only girldogs molt? I don't think Herb has the palps you describe. Girl Herb :3:

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Cool :) I will see about affixing a damp cotton ball up near where she hangs out. In the weeks she has been here I have never seen her descend more than a few inches below the moulding, though she's moved horizontally quite a bit.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

When I woke up yesterday morning Herb was gone. I hope she went into the wall and found a nice cozy homespot with juicy tender cats to eat. It is much lonelier here now :smith:

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Nothing beats a lap dog :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Enfys posted:

Jealous. I want to see a dog pavilion :(

Same. Are there comparable places on the East Coast?

• Locked thread