Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nerwign
Dec 7, 2012

I would take photos of my new pet but after I put the santa hat on her and took photos now she won't come out of her hollow log and she walled both exits off...

I did buy a new hat though... so there is hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerwign
Dec 7, 2012

That was toooo fast!!

Also did someone say tasty friends?

Nerwign
Dec 7, 2012

Help! Is my dog dead or just getting a new coat? I've heard many novice dog owners throw their dogs away just when they're getting shiny new coats. My dog is in her house (hollow log) and is on her back with legs mostly out. I haven't touched her. Any thoughts???

Nerwign
Dec 7, 2012

Tasty_Crayon posted:

ALL IS WELL. THE CURRENT FASION TREND IS FOR SKINNY JEANS AND THOSE ARE SUPER HARD TO GET OUT OF. A DOG MUST WIGGLE WIGGLE WIGGLE SLOWLY SO DELICATE PARTS DONT GET STUCK AND TEAR A DOG OPEN.

THE THINGS WE DO TO LOOK NICE, RITE

How long does this take? I read it can take up to 8 hours but we're at 12 hours at least now and no significant sign of change. I misted near the dog house to try to help...

Nerwign
Dec 7, 2012

Mymla posted:

Is fire or gas the best way to get rid of a dog infestation?

I'd guess it's similar to childproofing your home. You should have dog-proof latches on all your cabinets and locks on your doors to prevent them from getting in.

Or is it like racoons? Take away the reason they want to be there in the first place. Are you leaving food out or encouraging food to come by? Get rid of the cats in your house/yard and don't leave lots of nice places for dogs to make houses. Then again, it's good to consider if the dogs you're infested with are a beneficial species and not actually dangerous. You might just be able to live in harmony with the dogs as they rid your yard of pesky cats and other nuisance animals!

Nerwign
Dec 7, 2012

Do you have any advice on how to get my dog to come out of her house and play? I got her a nice sturdy dog house, not the igloo kind you can just lift up and wha-lah find your dog under. This one has a floor and everything. But she went in last year sometime before Christmas and as far as I can tell she hasn't really come out. I even put food by the doorway but she refuses. She ditched her old coat and has a new one but that was a while ago.

Any suggestions? She keeps scooting around in the house and seems to like it in there, but I'd really like to see her new coat! She's a Chaco Golden Labrador.

Nerwign
Dec 7, 2012

No. :( I just put the food by the door. It was a really nice tasty superworm grub. I used that since it wasn't going to crawl off and bite anyone... and because it takes days for them to turn into beetles so I would notice and could remove it if she still didn't want to eat it. Should I try throwing it into the house and then just buy some longer forceps to retrieve it if she continues to ignore it??

Nerwign
Dec 7, 2012

My dog came out of her house last night! I can tell because her front door is totally open and she knocked over the easter basket I left for her. Also one of her lawn ornaments...

yay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerwign
Dec 7, 2012

No hats were used in the taking of our recent photos.

• Locked thread