Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dec 26, 2012

i know you could do this with n64 emulators, bind the joystick as a mouse. no idea about snes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

Thug Lessons posted:

I think I like the format of using a tactical map but resolving combat by a JRPG battle better than actual tactics games, but Ogre Battle and SaGa Frontier 2 are really the only games I can think of that use it.

bahamut lagoon
devil survivor 1 and 2

Dec 26, 2012

Roobanguy posted:

tactics ogre is super good and is alot less obtuse than the other games (except maybe knights of lodus? never played that one).

knight of lodis is way less obtuse than let us cling together

Dec 26, 2012

you should at least try 1, 2 didnt grab me the same way but it was good too

Dec 26, 2012

both of those are good games, idk what your problem is

Dec 26, 2012

koolkal posted:

none of the ogre games had anything to do with square besides like the psp remake

square basically killed the franchise by buying them to make final fantasy games

its probably an honest mistake and a reasonable one considering how much resemblance to has to fft

Dec 26, 2012

Dec 26, 2012

Wizgot posted:

If you want to play it on the original hardware, there is a translated reproduction cart that you can get from OCDreproductions for like 50 dollars.

if youre gonna play it you really should just play the psp version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

fully separate games, theyre fairly different so try both. the psp one is a revamp of the original with a really good translation and they added a skill system on that didnt originally exist. the gba one is its own separate game (and a prequel to the other), its more true to the original snes/psx one in many respects but simplified certain things like stats greatly, and it does the each-team-goes-in-sequence thing instead of having individual initiative

• Locked thread