Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Eltoasto posted:

Could have got Bridgewater with the free pick we gave you, don't blame us for your hobo gm

could have had Luck had Manning decided to take that season off.

point remains the same.

e: we beat the colts simply because the roster was complete and utter poo poo minus manning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bad Caller posted:

you're rewriting history if you think he was "guaranteed gold" when he was a junior in high school

I was joking but he was a pretty big deal as soon as he saw the field at Stanford, and we were all feeling bad for Carolina when he didn't come out after his RS sophomore season. So if you want a serious question I guess during his redshirt year?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Kalli posted:

♪ Put the barrel in your mouth ♪

♪ Up the road not 'cross the street ♪

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

I'm not gay but I think I love Andrew Luck...?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Ages posted:

What movies are even nominated? What even came out last year? Oh god, I'm losing touch.

I realized I hadn't seen a single one of the movies or shows nominated for awards this year and decided to watch the weed special instead

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/72nd_Golden_Globe_Awards
the same 10 things are nominated in every loving category this is why nobody takes these things seriously

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

Goddammit, thank you people now I'm ready every single goddamn thing in that peyton-jingle voice :mad:

♪reading posts in jingle voice♪

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

R.D. Mangles posted:

now you have to kill yourself

♪ cut straight down and not across ♪ efb

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Also, gently caress eveytone one hating on Manning. He's one of the best and it makes me sad seeing him go out not with a bang but a whimper

Perpetual Ascent
Feb 24, 2008

His haunts are not confined to the valley, but extend at times to the adjacent roads...
Manning played pretty badly but as far as how far he could heave it downfield, I was actually kind of impressed. If he decides to play another year, one can only hope he works on his touch during the offseason. The accuracy just wasn't there.

He's thrown pretty ugly balls since he came to Denver, and today's were only different in the sense that they weren't on target.

e: On the bright side though, with Del Rio likely taking the Oakland job and Gase possibly leaving as well, if Elway fires Fox (please do this, Elway) we can maybe stop having to overcome the opposing team AND our offensively bland schemes.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Yaws posted:

Also, gently caress eveytone one hating on Manning. He's one of the best and it makes me sad seeing him go out not with a bang but a whimper

♪ not our fault he choked again ♪

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
wow all of the marijuana trade in colorado is done in cash.

60 Minutes just created a new crime spree in Colorado

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Yaws posted:

It's cool, this round it's bittersweet for me but Brady is only 17 months younger and we'll get to do it again soon!

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Eltoasto posted:

It's cool, this round it's bittersweet for me but Brady is only 17 months younger and we'll get to do it again soon!

it could've already been happening, but it just fueled the pats fire :smith:

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Perpetual Ascent posted:

Manning played pretty badly but as far as how far he could heave it downfield, I was actually kind of impressed. If he decides to play another year, one can only hope he works on his touch during the offseason. The accuracy just wasn't there.

He's thrown pretty ugly balls since he came to Denver, and today's were only different in the sense that they weren't on target.

e: On the bright side though, with Del Rio likely taking the Oakland job and Gase possibly leaving as well, if Elway fires Fox (please do this, Elway) we can maybe stop having to overcome the opposing team AND our offensively bland schemes.
Firing Fox would be insane, and you are out of your loving mind if you think the problem today was an offensively bland scheme.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Vertical Lime posted:

that reminds me, brady quinn is married to alicia sacramone

godDAMMIT, I didn't need to loving know this.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

TITY BOI posted:

I wonder what his username is

oh holy poo poo this is better than the medieval warrior thing

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

Bad Caller posted:

If Luck wins a Super Bowl in his third year somehow Manning is going to get thrown away in the stupid loving hoosier's conscious

seriously hoosiers are human garbage

There is a large children's hospital in Indy named after Peyton Manning, I think you might be wrong random internet male

Perpetual Ascent
Feb 24, 2008

His haunts are not confined to the valley, but extend at times to the adjacent roads...

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

Firing Fox would be insane, and you are out of your loving mind if you think the problem today was an offensively bland scheme.

It was one of many problems, as our coaching staff has shown time and time again that they are terrible at making adjustments in-game. You're either saying that this loss is entirely on Manning's shoulders, or that all-around, we were outplayed (especially at the QB position), and if it's the second, then how can you disagree with what I said?

The defense is stacked with studs from top to bottom. They have a few depth issues, but as far as talent is concerned, Denver is tops in the league. The fact of the matter is, in big games, their coaching staff routinely gets outcoached.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Yeah, Indy was an average offensive line and was playing their backup RG and RT. Yet I can't remember hearing Ware's name all night and only Von Miller's a couple of times. Luck is good at avoiding the rush but to have zero sacks on him is inexcusable for what was supposed to be a very good pass rush.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Lord Of Texas posted:

There is a large children's hospital in Indy named after Peyton Manning, I think you might be wrong random internet male

Maybe one day people will look at my username and realize how I post.

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Nevermind that shit here comes Mingo!
I don't understand fans who would root for a player over their team.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Perpetual Ascent posted:

It was one of many problems, as our coaching staff has shown time and time again that they are terrible at making adjustments in-game. You're either saying that this loss is entirely on Manning's shoulders, or that all-around, we were outplayed (especially at the QB position), and if it's the second, then how can you disagree with what I said?

The defense is stacked with studs from top to bottom. They have a few depth issues, but as far as talent is concerned, Denver is tops in the league. The fact of the matter is, in big games, their coaching staff routinely gets outcoached.

That offensive line is still poo poo and Manning seems to have aged right into retirement right before our very eyes in the last two months. I'd be really surprised if he didn't announce his retirement soon. Good luck with Brock Osswieler or whatever his name is.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I just realized: If Edelman throws 1 TD pass next week, Edelman will have more TD passes in a postseason than Peyton Manning

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Can we all draw our attention away from actual important football talk and comment on Peyton's post-game suit.

Because drat.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

HarlanHell posted:

what about the opposite?

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal

Madcosby posted:

wow all of the marijuana trade in colorado is done in cash.

In Washington too, banks won't work with the pot shops

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

HarlanHell posted:

counterpoint: always root for :mcnabb:

Perpetual Ascent
Feb 24, 2008

warcrimes posted:

That offensive line is still poo poo and Manning seems to have aged right into retirement right before our very eyes in the last two months. I'd be really surprised if he didn't announce his retirement soon. Good luck with Brock Osswieler or whatever his name is.

Well, I guess I'm drinking the Kool-Aid because I thought Peyton looked healthy and capable. He just didn't play well.

Though I gotta say I'm at least a little worried that he will retire, because despite saying he intended on playing next season, he reneged on that in his post-game presser. Was this really such a bad loss that it's beginning to put things into perspective for him? If I'm wrong and it wasn't just a bad game, then it's scary how quickly you can go from throwing for nearly 5000 yards and 40 touchdowns to "I'm done".

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Zifnab posted:

In Washington too, banks won't work with the pot shops

I wonder if the pot that mixes into the cash will ever build to levels that you could get high off of smoking ones.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think we've found a new winner

https://twitter.com/MikeFromATown/status/554412345154613249/photo/1

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Nevermind that shit here comes Mingo!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

what about the opposite?

I'd never root for a player over the Browns. If Bernie were playing the Browns for a playoff spot in his final season I'd still root for the Browns to knock his team out.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Yaws posted:

I hated him out of salty jealousy and it was built up frustration because I thought my team would never get even a mediocre QB but would still make postseasons on the backs of defenses and RBs.

Then when I finally got a rad QB he was just a major obstacle. For a while there Baltimore was getting bested by Pittsburgh in and out. So if they would somehow survive Pittsburgh, they'd have to go after Brady or Manning. Then if they pulled the miracle on one they would have to repeat it next week. Then if the gods smiled on baltimore and it happened somehow the team would still have to face the best of the NFC.

Then it happened in 2012 and now everything is beautiful and nothing hurts. I'm glad I got to see Manning in his prime it was just at my own team's expense. Him and Brady are the few guys who you could lose to and even if it was a close bullshit game you could still at least be proud of your team for hanging in there.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Perpetual Ascent posted:

They had the exact opposite of a bland scheme today, they had a ton of long passes where the receivers got open and it resulted in a lot of incomplete passes. Manning had a bad day. It's never solely on one guy but whole new game if he can make any throw at all.

If you think that the defense is stacked with studs top to bottom than you should have a very high opinion of Fox, who would be a large part of that. And I'm just going to guess, but by big games do you mean the 3 playoff games they've lost with Manning? They did not get outcoached in the AFC title game last year, for instance, which is a really big game!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

one too many syllables smdh

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

It's also crazy we all got to witness an era of such good QB play that someone like Phillip Rivers was written off as "decent" by a lot of people in comparison. Even with all the rules favoring offenses it'll be interesting to see if there will be seasons of multiple guys nearing or passing 5k yards on the reg.

There will be rad QBs in the future but I have a dumb theory teams will start investing more in defenses and runningbacks again and we might even see rookie QBs riding the bench for a bit instead of being thrown to the wolves.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Sour Diesel posted:

I hated him out of salty jealousy and it was built up frustration because I thought my team would never get even a mediocre QB but would still make postseasons on the backs of defenses and RBs.

Then when I finally got a rad QB he was just a major obstacle. For a while there Baltimore was getting bested by Pittsburgh in and out. So if they would somehow survive Pittsburgh, they'd have to go after Brady or Manning. Then if they pulled the miracle on one they would have to repeat it next week. Then if the gods smiled on baltimore and it happened somehow the team would still have to face the best of the NFC.

Then it happened in 2012 and now everything is beautiful and nothing hurts. I'm glad I got to see Manning in his prime it was just at my own team's expense. Him and Brady are the few guys who you could lose to and even if it was a close bullshit game you could still at least be proud of your team for hanging in there.

Flacco is not a rad QB but fair enough on your other points

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

Bad Caller posted:

Can we all draw our attention away from actual important football talk and comment on Peyton's post-game suit.

Because drat.

I think that suit was designed to gently caress with cameramen and photographers. Permanently Out-Of-Focus Plaid.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

HarlanHell posted:

I'd never root for a player over the Browns. If Bernie were playing the Browns for a playoff spot in his final season I'd still root for the Browns to knock his team out.

I mean hating your team over a single player

y'know

for reasons :ninja:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Sour Diesel posted:

It's also crazy we all got to witness an era of such good QB play that someone like Phillip Rivers was written off as "decent" by a lot of people in comparison. Even with all the rules favoring offenses it'll be interesting to see if there will be seasons of multiple guys nearing or passing 5k yards on the reg.

Honestly, unless the rules enforcement swing far back, all the old records will be shat on over and over again going forward. This year saw a comical jump in leaguewide passing, with a modestly weaker top-end then usual

Basically half the league's starters put up a 90 QB rating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

25 year old Joe Montana would be a scrub in todays league

• Locked thread