Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Pat McAfee sure is great.

Yes I'm going to poo poo talk the punters in this game, it's what I have. Go the good Colquitt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh it just hit me Phil Simms is calling another Broncos game. :laugh:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I remember that particular game, it honestly was pretty bizarre. Not something people should petition about of course but it was like he was Eric Fisher's agent or something and the Chiefs never did anything wrong while losing for the whole game.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Alouicious posted:

i actually kinda like Jim Nantz as a play-by-play guy but jesus loving christ he's saddled with Phil Simms, an anchor made of pure poo poo

Jim is the reason Gus Johnson doesn't call the NCAA tournament anymore, so I can't think anything good about him.

That was the perfect place for Gus.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

whens the last team all the home teams won in the divisional round?

This can't be that rare can it? Uh...wow it is isn't it?

2004/05 playoffs was the last time it looks like.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Under the current playoff format with 12 teams making it the home teams have all won in the divisional round 6 times. 1990 (first year with four wild card games), '91, '94, '98, '02, '04.

Welp that was fun. Now I have to go back to watching these two damnable teams play.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Eltoasto posted:

Yeah Boom hosed up his left shoulder/arm on the first drive and it's obviously a problem. Hope he doesn't start fumbling because of it.

The Colts somehow regretting not dressing Trent Richardson would be kind of funny in a depressing way. You'd probably need a few more guys to go down to get to that point though.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MAO TSE-TUNGACUNT posted:

I cannot believe I'm rooting for the Colts, this just feels so wrong

It was never a question for me, but yeah it doesn't feel good.

Man that ball was on the ground forever.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Poonerman posted:

jesus christ that throw :stare:

Sometimes I think about how awesome it would be if my team had a quarterback who was capable of making that throw.

Then I sigh and go back to trying to convince myself it's possible to win in the NFL without dressing anyone at the wide receiver spot.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Solid play action there.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Eltoasto posted:

Landry was about to destroy Sanders if he caught that. And get penalized of course.

Sanders has been memorably destroyed a few times this year, I can't believe he's still healthy.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

HarlanHell posted:

Cribbs is really good at catching the ball an running in a straight line. Since they changed to return blocking rules a few years back its really hurt his returns. Still take him on my team any day.

I noticed he was way up there in active all-purpose yards the other day. #4 or so? I know he's been around quite a while but I wouldn't have guessed that.

It's a weird stat that no one cares about anyway but still.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Psssh, 2 yard line? Dustin would have put that down at the half yard line.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Quiet Feet posted:

Is there a product that's the opposite of stickum?

The Broncos have been known to coat themselves in vaseline in the playoffs.

Yes I am still bitter about something that happened like 16 years ago.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I will end up watching the Shrine Game just because I don't want football to be over and it'll be very sad.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Parmesan Basil posted:

Hey the closer we are to training camp the closer it'll be until I can rant about A Certain Someone again!

I hope you're keeping a diary of any thoughts you might have on the subject, you might forget something important.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Josh Lyman posted:

Can't believe I'm defending NFL refs here. Dammit Cowboys.

It's not really their fault unless you want to change the rules in the middle of the game.

Which would have been awesome but probably wouldn't have been a good career move for them.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bad Caller posted:

It's amazing how undrafted running backs run better than Trent Richardson

I think Trent Richardson might be historically one of the worst running backs ever drafted in the top 5.

He stayed healthy for a while so he automatically beats a few guys out. Ki-Jana Carter and Curtis Enis off the top of my head, I'm sure there are some more.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Phil Simms didn't think Luck had an NFL arm.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Jesus Christ.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Looks more like the blocker was run into the receiver but you'll probably never get that call.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haha, thanks for the full speed replay.

I mean it brings home that the refs have to call that play live but come on.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Luck is a fan of the arm punt, works for me.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Infidel Castro posted:

I love how Luck's lovely funslinger bombs that get intercepted on 3rd down are constantly defended with "Welp, it would been a punt anyway :downs:"

Well if he consistently does them on third down it might be on purpose, which would be relatively defensible. I mean he's not trying to throw picks but the idea of taking chances deep on third and long and not minding so much if it doesn't work out.

I haven't paid enough attention to the Colts to know if it's just worked out that way today or not.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Man that RB might have just saved Denver.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

Man that RB definitely just saved Denver.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That really was a pretty solid play by Landry there.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Quest For Glory II posted:

Not in Denver

49 catches for 464 yd this year

poo poo, looks good to me.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Quest For Glory II posted:

considering he had a stretch in NE where he caught 240 passes for 2900 yards across 2011-2012 it's a pretty drastic dropoff

That was a joke about my terrible team, although I'm sure he wouldn't have managed to catch that many balls if he were in KC.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Man that was close to a facemask.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Perpetual Ascent posted:

Manning's played pretty bad today but I don't think he's done. His arm looked healthier than it has in recent weeks, to be honest. He just missed the throws.

Pretty poor showing all around

Peyton's bad today but he's not getting much help from anyone other than Anderson.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Eltoasto posted:

The biggest disappointment honestly should be the run game. The Colts have good press man coverage so it's not like it's a fluke, this is how they beat Denver last year. But Anderson hasn't really done anything and Julius must still be gimpy.

Or not, maybe I'm blinded by that one run. I guess he has 80 yards somehow which looks pretty good compared to everyone else.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
We've gone from pick plays to fake pick plays. God I hate Denver. And New England. And good offenses everywhere.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Petite Dinklage posted:

So did Peyton lose this game for Denver

He didn't help but I'd say they lost it as a team. D Thomas is looking for another screen to drop on the sideline right now.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Top Hats Monthly posted:

My coaches weren't heads up certified...and I don't remember much about elementary school or JHS football...

That drill where they'd have one guy stand in the middle of the circle and call out different guys just to go hit him for no reason was pretty fun even though I'm sure it knocked a few years off my life.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Sophia posted:

Also Broncos fans are the loving worst, Jesus

I won't argue with this.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Sour Diesel posted:

Father time's a bitch. Dude would've had like 5 rings by now if the Colts gave a poo poo about defense or runningbacks while he was there.

The defense was mediocre at best most of the time he was there but man he had a pretty decent string of RBs for a while there.

e: Beaten, although I remember Addai being ok for a while? Maybe I'm wrong on that. Edge was awesome.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chinatown posted:

♪ TFF Just Hates Elway ♪

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh hey, that home teams not sweeping the divisional round streak is still alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bad Caller posted:

she was dating him before he was a top nfl prospect

Junior year in high school?

• Locked thread