Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Slugnoid posted:

not sure if this is osha not, but we just fired the equal opportunity downs syndrome kitchen hand when he got caught rubbing his dick all over the dishwasher in the exec kitchen.

Is the dishwasher an appliance or an employee?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Drove in along the tracks from outside?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

ExecuDork posted:

The half-life of 137-Cs is about 30 years, and usual radioactive waste handling procedures specify 10 half-lives before it's considered no longer radioactive. So, in 300 years her remains will probably be no more or less radioactive than the surrounding soil.

Especially if her corpse is irradiating the surrounding soil.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Carbon dioxide posted:

This would have a grand effect of nothing at all on the soil. You seem to misunderstand the basic properties of radioactivity.

A better one now, thank you!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Fry cutter? Tomato slicer? Gotta be something that approximates food preparation.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Gorilla Salad posted:

It should be loving mandatory that if a company kills an employee they cannot open their doors again until the issue is resolved.

"The issue is that the deceased who can't speak for himself made a bad choice, and now that he's dead the issue is technically resolved. Game on!"

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Kinda want to see the video of them getting into that configuration.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Uthor posted:

I like that they fixed the grill in between photos.

I figure they were just posted out of chronological order, and the grill fell off at some point.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Cat Hatter posted:

Adding to what has already been said, hands are easier to reattach than you would think (still really hard) because most muscles that control them are in the forearm.

When I was in the hospital last year, there was a guy there who had had both his hands cut off, I believe by a table saw, and he was able to hold a pencil and wrote crudely. loving science, man.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Dude bounced that truck back like a pro.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Samuel posted:

At what point are they liable to think anything on that private property belongs to them? Be it gasoline, nuclear waste, drugs, construction machines, copper, anything. It's not theirs to take possession of and anything they steal off of that property as at their own peril.
Since the hospital was in a phase of being dismantled it's speculation to say whether or not the radioactive waste would still be safely disposed of, before the thieves took it upon themselves to steal raw material from the building site.

Edit: Breaking into a construction site is still trespassing and breaking and entering.

"Attractive nuisance" seems relevant here, though it usually limits its scope to children. Given the unusual nature of the hazard, I think it could make sense to apply its reasoning here.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

zedprime posted:

Its a risk/reward sort of thing. Maybe you end up with a delicious sauce base. Maybe you end up with no eyebrows.

You may well roux the day.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

"Union Carbide announces plans to downsize Bhopal, India."

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I think the battery is my favourite part, but it might be everything else.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

He's going to tattle.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Plugging works better.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Mozi posted:

2-prong, 3-prong or generator-style 4-prong?

Twist-lock.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

So good.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

The interesting stat is fatalities per million miles driven, I think.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

zedprime posted:

An airframe parachute, you say?

I love you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

um excuse me posted:

are the pilots supposed to die

"No, Mr Bond, I expect you to taxi to a stop a safe distance from the terminal."

• Locked thread