Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!
JAY PEG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEzhxP-pdos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!

Watching this from the safety of your computer with a big subwoofer is great fun though, boom!

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!

WorldsStrongestNerd posted:

The ballast coverts household 120V into something a fluorescent light can use.

The way these work is to rectify the AC into DC and then convert that into high frequency AC, correct?

You're a better man than I, I'd have been "nope not doing that. I value my regular cardiac rhythm more than I do this job".

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!

We're doing something monumentally stupid! We almost died, but we didn't! Hooray!

A shame the train didn't speed up. :kheldragar:

How long does it take for any appreciable increase in speed to happen when the conductor "puts his foot down" as it were?

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!
I think it's simply a case of it being toxic to the point where it only takes a very small amount to gently caress you up.

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!
You're supposed to feed people you don't like into the wood chipper feet first, and this guy is trying to do it to himself on purpose.

Yeah ok.

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGjVW9QsoD4

:stare:

With how long he was holding the magnetron close to the bottle by hand, I'm surprised he didn't eat a ton of glass. The kreosan kids are gonna gently caress themselves up one day.

I bet you could use a makeshift magnetron raygun like that to force your rear end in a top hat neighbor to turn their loud music off.

If you could vehicle mount one with an appropriate power supply, being able to shut up the asstards who want to share their music with everyone would be so great.

(ignoring the issue of irradiation of other people, which is of course a problem)

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Not to say they only do stuff with magnetrons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKvE5CXlcaI

This is a big boom worthy of Mythbusters. drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!

WarpedNaba posted:

I don't get it.

I had to look it up:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isadora_Duncan#Death

quote:

On the night of September 14, 1927 in Nice, France, Duncan was a passenger in an Amilcar automobile owned by Benoît Falchetto, a French-Italian mechanic. She wore a long, flowing, hand-painted silk scarf, created by the Russian-born artist Roman Chatov, a gift from her friend Mary Desti, the mother of American film director Preston Sturges. Desti, who saw Duncan off, had asked Duncan to wear a cape in the open-air vehicle because of the cold weather, but Duncan would only agree to wear the scarf. As they departed, Duncan reportedly said to Desti and some companions, "Adieu, mes amis. Je vais à la gloire!" ("Farewell, my friends. I go to glory!"); but according to American novelist Glenway Wescott, Desti later told him that Duncan's actual last words were, "Je vais à l'amour" ("I am off to love"). Desti considered this embarrassing, as it suggested that she and Falchetto were going to her hotel for a tryst.

Her silk scarf, draped around her neck, became entangled around the open-spoked wheels and rear axle, hurling her from the open car and breaking her neck. Desti said she called out to warn Duncan about the shawl almost immediately after the car left. Desti brought Duncan to the hospital, where she was declared dead.

Probably one of the nastier ways to go.

• Locked thread