Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

IPCRESS posted:

tyre cage: A thing you shelter in when inflating tyres. They can find their own place to hide, or has something else gone wrong here?

He's not inflating a tire, it came off a semi and through the wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

I was about to get on you about posting an obvious fake but then I scrolled down.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Sammus posted:

Holy gently caress. What's the source for this?

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/08/us/plane-skydiver-collision/

CNN, March 10, 2014 posted:

A Cessna collided with a parachute at a small airport in Polk County, Florida, on Saturday. The plane took a nose dive, and the skydiver was thrown to the ground. Neither the pilot nor the skydiver were seriously injured when they fell about 75 feet, according to the Polk County Sheriff's Office.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I think I found (close to) the original:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4qAi8gGdYg
I'm not good at dutch but it sounds like something about switching to winter tires?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Spookydonut posted:

Why even give insurance in flood plains?

If you live inland near a river, everywhere is a floodplain. St Louis, Cincinnati, Memphis, New Orleans, all in flood plains.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Spookydonut posted:

I live in a city that has legislation preventing people building in dumb places.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/would-perth-cope-with-100-year-flood/story-e6frg19l-1225988360374

I don't know about in Australia but when a river goes from 22 to 53 feet (~30 foot/10 meters difference) everywhere is a floodplain.

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Mar 17, 2015

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I know a guy that tried to jump onto a train going 15 miles an hour. Being a double amputee at 17 is pretty terrible.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

This is maybe my second favourite sign acter the "frogs!" sign or whatever it is because what the gently caress am I supposed to do if a rock falls on me or so close to me i can't brake and how has the sign helped? There might as well be signs every 500m saying "Warning: possible hazards".

It's so when you get killed by the aggro crag your family can't sue because it's your own drat fault.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Pingiivi posted:

Is there a reason the bus didn't stop next to the curb? Because that seems loving duuuuuuuumb to even leave that space where someone can pass.

Probably a parking area or something. Regardless you're supposed to stop for school buses.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Helios Grime posted:

Human ingenuity ladies and gentlemen, automotive edition.

http://imgur.com/gallery/1xuQJ

Personally I'm really fond of this one.

my cousin's truck had the same deal, sucker bounced like crazy.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Today I learned that no one in gbs knows what a clutch is.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Delta Echo posted:

Pop goes the weasel when you fill a house like a methane balloon and light it.

I'm on my phone and searched 'meth explosion' to compare with Magikarp's shed picture, and this residential scene came up. I can't follow google image results to their source from mobile google.

I looked because that story of someone's boyfriend working on a lawnmower sounded fishy. Because it's always the boyfriend cooking meth in the shed.

This is a meth explosion.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Professor of Cats posted:

It all seems super fake to me. But if it isnt, that's awesome.

All TV is fake. Also someone post more osha poo poo and less "lol here's someone being killed in FRONT OF YOU VERY EYES".

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

goddamnedtwisto posted:

So what you're saying is that the nations of the world should be looking to employ cricket bowlers as grenade trainers? Because if so , and you can get Murali involved, you can add "magically make a grenade appear behind the enemy" to Blistex's list.

Admittedly wars would take a lot longer and there'd be a lot of arguments about polishing the grenades, but that's not such a bad thing.

I'm not sure throwing a grenade into the ground and hoping it will bounce is a good idea.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Sagebrush posted:

:911: can't let those poor government contractors take the hit :patriot:

Yeah, if they were smart they would fine some random employee $105 million dollars, that'll learn him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
A hundred million is pocket change compared to what the government wastes on boats and planes.

• Locked thread