Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Those pipes are 12" in diameter

I don't doubt you, but my brain just refuses to believe that's an 8' pit without anything to latch onto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Gorilla Salad posted:

Wow, that's incredible. I was going to say I'd never seen or heard anything like that happening before, but then I realised that I had, right here on SA. I even screen capped it for posterity.

Yeech. I was sleeping over at a friends house one day, years ago. Out in the boonies, known for being pretty close to a "hills-have-eyes" sort of area, no streetlights to speak of. So picture this: Long hallway, middle of the night, nearly pitch black, I get up to go to the bathroom...and hear whispering from the end of the hallway, near the front door.

Since I'm the person who dies in horror movies, I went to check it out; it was coming from the speaker box connected to the front gate. I'm this close to calling the cops before I actually made out what was being said-- turns out there was some signal leakage resulting in Sesame Street being broadcast very faintly over the line.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Three-Phase posted:

"I popped it!" :science:

I love that the insulated screwdriver rated for 1kV live work handled OK up to 50kV and only failed after awhile at 100kV.

I also find it kind of interesting that it didn't seem to be the screwdriver itself that failed-- the current jumped from that copper bar to the "finger" first, which makes me wonder if the failure would have happened if that hadn't arced first.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
I was hoping the title change was because someone posted a story where they were describing one of their coworkers reactions to something not being osha compliant

I was disappointed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Kerrow posted:

I posted about this a while ago, but the video finally leaked. Truck driver enters crossing, stops midway instead of going through the barriers, gets hit by passenger train going 90 MPH.

:stare:

edit: had to remove the url tags because it was way too huge.

god drat that's one lucky truck driver

• Locked thread