Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

TheStampede posted:

Actually, I think you can see he leads with his knee. It's been a bit since I've seen the video, though.

He definitely leads with his knee, and it's surprisingly easy to break glass that way. Happened to me once when I was drunk in a bar, barely felt it. I just stood there looking at it wondering how that happened while one of the bouncers was livid thinking I kicked the glass in on purpose and the other was holding him back laughing his rear end off saying he'd never seen glass shatter that easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

It's technically not unsafe because that bar stops the mechanism, but you're still relying on the mechanism to work and you not to lose your grip or balance to keep you from turning into ground long pork. Just get a stick.

How does that mechanism work? Like, when you let go of the bar it stops? Because I can totally see someone panicking and keeping hold of the bar, or trying to pull themselves out with it... you know, until it's too late.

Technically not unsafe my rear end.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Either way, best case scenario you lost a foot?

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

SNOT CORN posted:

If it's so easy then why dont they just put a parachute on the fucken plane? Do the pilots really need to die in this scenario?

To be fair, a cabin without fuel, engines, luggage etc is a whole deal lighter than a whole plane, and who's to say the pilots can't get into the cabin given enough time or use their own parachutes?

• Locked thread