Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

OhsH posted:

this isn't footage from it, but my friend recently got super hosed up at work when a tire exploded in his face

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HANwJp8Z5mc&t=42s

Big tires are loving scary. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Noslo posted:

Stolen from the Russia thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_Nr31Lv6H8

How often do yall actually get calls for cats stuck in trees?

Double cross-post from the Cops thread. 1:40 is OSHA relevance, butthole clenched a bit at 1:53 but kitty looks okay.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I thought the main danger of rebar was if you leave some small lenghts of it sitting on the ground, somebody might come by and do a log-roll trip routine when they step on the pile and it goes rolling. Good to know that impalement is the real danger :gonk:

I see no reason why we couldn't combine the two.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Wasabi the J posted:

I can't get a good single pic, this is literally next to my desk and the guy is standing on the "NOT A STEP" step.

Wanna kick that power strip on/off switch.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Painter stilts.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

I'm Crap posted:

In these pictures the perspective really fucks your eyes, it makes it look like it's all a scale model. That silver hanging thing looks like it's about 2" by 1".

The top picture with the drywall that doesn't go all the way up makes it feel like Wasabi the J works on an OSHA.AVI don't-do-this recording set.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

you laugh, but that guy is gonna have a killer spear when he gets to his camp site

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

gently caress math, lets do this

roll cameras

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Warmest place on the rig to catch some Zs.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

My neighbor is doing that right now. Better is that hes doing it right next to a walkway and the handle on the floor jack is kinda sticking out into the walkway. My neighbor is one stumble/oblivious texter/oversized winter jacket away from having his face smashed in.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

CzarChasm posted:

If you can think of an easier way to put three outlets right the gently caress there I'd be glad to hear it.

Plus there are two phones right there if when you have to call 911.

E: Is that more power conduit wrapped super tight around the concrete wall/pillar?

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Dillbag posted:

Chrome is the problem.

Seconding this, Chrome is faster than Firefox right up until it has to work with more than a couple megs of animated GIFs, then it shits all over itself.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

theflyingexecutive posted:

those are safety quotes

"powdered sugar" for "valued" customers

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Yeah sure you can borrow the chainsaw, go grab it out of the tree.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

you do it

no you do it

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Shazaminator posted:

Why do you keep an oversized buttplug next to the additional compleated sheets

as a reminder to compleate your sheets

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Angela Christine posted:

Stop being such a sissy. Everyone's grandparents had to get through childhood without any candy-rear end safety fences, and they all turned out fine. (Because all the kids who died aren't anyone's grandparents.)

If you want to create a race of supermen, take the warning labels off everything.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Apparently I'm not very safe! *inflates welded metal sheets like a balloon*

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

rape culture invades amateur rocketry

and that dude's butt

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Helios Grime posted:

If it had been a final destination movie that woman would have been decapitated.

Tho I did hear from a motorcycle accident years ago where the cyclist didn't see the sheet metal that was hanging over the end of the truck before him and didn't apply the breaks early enough. I can't verify this so it may as well be stdh.txt, but I guess it could happen.

Edit: Well snopes says at least that it happened in some similar fashion http://www.snopes.com/horrors/freakish/decapmot.asp

There was a pretty hosed up picture I saw once where some dude in a Corvette rear ended a tractor trailer. All the pic showed was his new convertible and a red splotch about head height on the back of the trailer. :stonk:

E: Found it, understated :nms: as hell: http://i.imgur.com/yZU1aox.jpg

E2: The original filename was 'VetteTailLights1.jpg', eBay listing? :v:

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jul 14, 2015

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Ursine Asylum posted:

I think the weirdest part of this image is looking at the underride guard behind the apparently-untouched back wheel. Either there's some damage there I'm not seeing, the underride guard doesn't go all the way across the back of the truck, or the physics of crashes are :catdrugs:

I'm reading it as the bar that was parallel to the back of the truck got sheared, but the more reinforced supports stuck around and cut through fiberglass like butter.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

du -hast posted:

why not just attach the chain from the saw (obv not a sharp one) to the wheel?

this is metal as gently caress tho

you just answered your own question

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

the story was about a she, so if anything, shes doing god's work trying to convince the fags she sucks to repent

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

did she use teeth? im okay with sex offender list for tooth dragging

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

:stare: Glad there was water at the bottom at least.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Uncle Enzo posted:

In bittersweet news, after 2 years in court, multiple arrests, court cases, drama, etc, she was able to get off the registry and back into her home in 2010.

https://www.schr.org/action/resources/woman_who_had_consensual_sex_as_a_teenager_no_longer_required_to_register_as_a_sex_

ugh but yet finally awesome

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

OSHA DOT JAY PEG: What's all this stuff about "grounding"?

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Hey the box was marked and turtles are basically made out of armor so I don't see what the big deal is.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Trinitrons are a special case because they apparently make them out of DU and unobtanium. That was a 27ish inch cart TV at a school, probably didn't weigh much more than 40 or 50 lbs not including the cart.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Well thank god, I thought that guy might have been doing something unsafe for a minute there.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

volvowns

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

SpannerX posted:

That's a Lada.

So it is. How is he still alive then? A Lada should be a ball of scrap metal after that.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

When I was like 13 or 14, I'd be hanging out with my buddy and his mom would ask us to mow the lawn. We got this brilliant idea to tip the lawnmower up and throw sticks, old dolls (he was oldest brother), and whatever other random poo poo you find in the backyard at the blades. Looking back, I'm surprised I still have depth perception.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

VectorSigma posted:

In classic Say Nothing style, this is one where nobody died.

For those that don't give a gently caress, there's this :nms:

Accidente en Extremo

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Wasabi the J posted:

Those ambulance drivers were pissing me off man. Not that I expected a lot from a Mexican monster truck show, but those dudes were loving standing around THE ENTIRE VIDEO.

You know the only thing worse than getting run over by a monster truck at a show? Laying next to the paramedic who got run over by the same truck.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Pyroclastic posted:

I swear I recently heard about a company getting in trouble because they were using the EAS sound in their commercials.

Now if only they would ban sirens from radio commercials and alarm clocks in all commercials...

It was the movie Olympus Has Fallen: http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/broadcasters-warned-new-movie-trailer-uses-actual-eas-alert-tones/84447

E: And where some broadcasters got tagged for playing the trailer: http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/3/5466892/tv-networks-fined-2-million-for-emergency-alert-olympus-has-fallen-trailer

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

i hope the driver of that bus died and no one else

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

if that bus had people sitting on the left side near the middle, theyre dead as gently caress because the bus driver is too stupid to stop for trains

so i stand by my original comment

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Bonus points if that screw goes all the way through the cable into the box behind it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

New Fast and Furious movie looking good.

• Locked thread