Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Phanatic posted:

Stall stuff
I'm amazed that they didn't know "don't pull up when you're stalling! Nose down to gain airspeed instead!" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_Action taught me that as a tiny child.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Drone_Fragger posted:

If you want to fly by a good airline, fly Singapore airlines. Their planes are excellently maintained, their pilots know their poo poo and they've been rated in the top 5 airlines for like the last 20 years. Also, they'll give you all the free booze you ask for on international flights provided you don't look drunk so if you can't sleep on planes because of your jet phobia just get hammered and pass out :toot:

Yeah, Sinapore Airlines are excellent. So are Thai Airways - best drat inflight food I've ever had.

I thought every airline does free booze, though, if you're not flying on a budget line?

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

"I'm sure those mirror-covered solar panels will keep them charged and invisible!"

MIRRORS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY! GOODNIGHT!

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I did the same thing when I ws a small child. I sent a letter to NASA, telling them they should be sending astonauts to the outer planets, and I included schematics for a space ship with extra oxygen because I thought the major problem with space travel was running out of air.

Except I was like ten years old and so couldn't be blamed for the "oh this problem is so easy to solve, you must be stupid!" mentality.

e: they were really, really cool about it by the way. They sent back a nice letter and heaps of photos and space stuff. I wish I knew where it all was

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Sagebrush posted:

I would say yes, since the Predator's camera feed only shows a visible image. Painting your tanks RealTree doesn't really help against a thermal imager.

I wonder if he considered what happens if the parachute lands on top of the solar panels.

Bearing in mind that, from the sky, a mirror on the ground isn't going to show grass. It's going to show sky, horizon, treetops. It's going to look nothing at all like the grass surrounding it, so it'll be very easily visible from drones.

Unless of course the stuff is supposed to be magical adaptive camo rather than mirrors in which case sure, why not?

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Yeah, you're right. I'm dumb.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Oh shuh. Oh Sha. OSHA. https://www.osha.gov/

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Computer viking posted:

Is that a Dune II rocker launcher?
And if so, why did I recognize it after playing Dune II for a week or two twenty years ago?

It is indeed, from the intro. Dunno, I thought it was pretty memorable, but I was a tiny child at the time. And played it obsessively for the next 25 years of my life or so.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

windex posted:

That looks a lot like what happens if you continue driving on a flat tire until it disintegrates but it somehow manages not to get pulled off the wheel.

That was my first thought too, because I've done that myself.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

which is roughly equivalent to 198.42 lbs.

duh

How many lbs is that, though?

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I like the retro rockets firing into the top of the cabin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Huh. That's cool as hell. Cheers!

• Locked thread