Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Lou Takki posted:

I thought that was going to end a lot worse than it did.

You and me both. I wasn't expecting the tree to be under tension back towards vertical. I was expecting the tree to snap in half and fall towards the ground, along with what would have very quickly turned into a tangled, flailing, screaming mass of limbs and chainsaw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Lurking Haro posted:

Looks like 4 pole 400V/32A.
12.8 kW of power without a neutral wire.

Wow look at Mr. Killjoy here. Wood's non-conductive dummy, everything is safe geez.

Rahul posted:

Came across this at work today:

Looks about right for every comms closet I've come across.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Elendil004 posted:

It was 2005, which doesn't seem that far off, but they barely had Dive Computers that could dive deep, they were on the bleeding edge of that type of diving. That tech just wasn't around yet.

That being said, underwater unmanned vehicles were a thing in 2005 so....

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Sagebrush posted:

I can't imagine why you'd say such a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qukUmDfoDpc&t=20s

I see your video and raise you this one much more in the spirit of OSHA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQm5BnhTBEQ

Disgustingly, obscenely wealthy bored Saudi teenagers are an amazing sight.

edit: This isn't even the best one. They don't swap the front and back tires on this one. Others do.

bird food bathtub fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jan 25, 2016

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I don't know where I heard the phrase 'Every safety regulation is written in blood' but it's really true. Just remember that every time you hear about 'job killing regulations' and think what that means about the person saying it.

• Locked thread