Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Roumba posted:

It still leaves a stump to be dealt with :argh:

Robo Reagan posted:

the next gif in the series shows that thing's sister machine revving up and leaving a 20 meter deep hole where the stump used to be

There's a few other horrible death machines to take care of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVAJT2ThP-4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3h4n4f2_Y8

Or you can be hardcore and build your own:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q2cRw9WWsE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Computer viking posted:

Goddamn, slowly cutting through an entire stump like that looks like it'd take insane amounts of torque.

As Blistex said, it's probably got crazy gearing in the unit itself, but also it's on a big loving John Deere, enormous torque is kinda the entire point of farm tractors.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

dpbjinc posted:

It looks like there's another semi starting to jackknife on the road behind the first one.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Ursine Asylum posted:

I think the weirdest part of this image is looking at the underride guard behind the apparently-untouched back wheel. Either there's some damage there I'm not seeing, the underride guard doesn't go all the way across the back of the truck, or the physics of crashes are :catdrugs:

You can see the full-width lower bar of the underride guard just behind the mudflap of the truck, somewhere around the firewall of the car. As for not hurting the back wheel of the Corvette, :catdrugs: -- there's plenty of room for the wheel itself between the underride guard and road, the 'vette's tire compressed as it went under and/or the trailer was lifted a little by the upper works of the car.

Could be worse, I've seen (in person -- I'm a newspaper photographer) one where a minivan got into a tangle with an 18-wheeler, and the biggest piece left of the van was the engine block (well, the biggest piece we could publish a photo of, anyway, we have a policy of no obvious bodies/gore*). I forget the details of how it happened and the exact number of people in the van, but the whole family, including grandma and a couple of cousins, were ... difficult to definitively identify. :smith:

*reminds me of the time one of my coworkers came back from the scene where a guy had stuffed a Mustang into a tree at triple-digit speeds; the editors refused to run the best photo because the body (covered in a sheet) was in frame. They eventually made her crop out the shroud. I had a way to make this funny when I started, but I forgot. It was only half the driver under the sheet, though, is the joke.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

That happened in a grocery store I used to work at once. It was the aisle with the deodorant on it. A can of Axe broke on impact, took off like a rocket, and barely missed hitting a cashier in the head.

• Locked thread