Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKmvP1Jj-6Q

Did anyone watch this? I didn't even know it was a thing until I saw a thread on GolfWRX a few days ago. It was played back in March but the video and all associated content was embargoed until a few days ago for some reason.

I won't spoil anything, but I will say that I think stuff like this has the potential to really be popular going forward. This particular event and video was a little lacking in production, camera quality, yardage/club/score/etc. overlays, and some other minor nitpicks. But I do think it was a cool event and I could see it encouraging more content like it in the future. The video has 661k views this week, from a youtube channel that only has 10k subs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

GEMorris posted:

Matt Blois is one of the golf YouTubers I enjoy and trust the most since he suffered one of the greatest anime betrayals of all time split from txg
His gear reviews are honest, and his swing advice is non-gimmicky.

Lol, but also :(

Matty Boy is basically the closest youtube golfer to a robot when it comes to reviews, testing, etc. and I really want him to succeed but he needs someone like Ian to provide the personality in his videos.

Myrtle Q spoiler chat: I have watched many videos from every youtuber that was in the event over the past few years (mostly during the winter when golf in NY isn't happening). I am not at all surprised that George Bryan was the best scorer out of the content-creator side of the field. He is by far the most consistent and the best at taking the big miss out of play among all of the other youtubers who participated. I was rooting for him, especially with what Wesley just did on the Tour, and seeing him gently caress up his course management on the final hole stings. I'm not sure if he knew what the other groups finished at and that he only needed a par to win but he left his second shot in an absolutely horrid position with how the green and pin were set up so live and learn I guess. He and Grant seem like the most positive and upbeat people in the world though so I always want to see them play well. I figured FP wouldn't be able to shoot under par on a longer setup like this and that Tig is a headcase and has a knack for hitting balls into spots that you absolutely need to avoid and his club selection is pretty questionable most of the time. Cole's putting stroke was so stabby it was painful to watch. Peter Finch has always had a really solid game when he's playing well and is probably the best golfer out of the UK youtubers but also doesn't seem to play well in qualifiers or other high pressure events.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

I just booked a Monday lesson with a local guy that a few people I know have recommended. I started golfing 10 years ago and was entirely self taught just by watching a lot of YouTube and playing/practicing a ton. Over the years I've tried a couple other teachers in the area but only did 1 lesson with each of them because I wasn't very impressed, so we'll see how this one goes.

So far this season my game from 150 yards and in is working great but for some reason my swing with longer clubs is very very hosed up. My driver normally carries 250-270 on a good swing depending on wind, how much I've played, etc. but so far this year I'm getting like 220 max. My swing speed on practice swings is in the 105-110 mph range but as soon as I actually try to hit a ball it drops to 90-95. The courses I play are on the shorter side, and I'm hitting almost every fairway, so my scoring hasn't actually been impacted that much, but I've got to get this fixed now before the skins matches and tournaments really get going.