Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
That blows, how old are you? Did you get x-rays of your spine as well? L4-L5 L5-S1 I think are the most famous golfer/back discs for bulging and potential herniation.

Get ready for hours of stretching and hot soaks before/after practice/rounds. :smith: Also start working on a 70% swing.

edit: like here is my own diagnosis as a 45 year old back in 2014. My discs are probably just mush now and don't hurt as bad (but is NEVER pain free just not a constant 7/10 more like a 4/10) and I take it waaaayyy easy now. :newlol:

This is after it really started being an issue with sciatica as well which has also mellowed out a lot in the 10 years since, but I also cut way the gently caress back on golf after 2015. I had also trashed my back many times back to teenage years with football/baseball/weightlifting/skiing/snowboarding/skateboarding injuries and even surfing wipeouts and then later just golf and its infinite amount of repetitive twisting to finish wearing my back out. In the last year I've also developed plantar fasciitis in my left arch/heel that hurts like poo poo after a round/range but was okay after my last range session (after taking months off). I'm sure if I walk 9 and play it will hurt like poo poo again (despite extra arch supports).

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Apr 29, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU