Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Keyser_Soze posted:

That blows, how old are you? Did you get x-rays of your spine as well? L4-L5 L5-S1 I think are the most famous golfer/back discs for bulging and potential herniation.

Get ready for hours of stretching and hot soaks before/after practice/rounds. :smith:

45, no spinal xrays yet, just hips.

I asked him well how long should I deal with this pain before we try other things and he said he likes to wait 3-4 weeks of doing the medication. Then he'll schedule a MRI and talk about injections or worse case scenarior type stuff. So praying to the golf gods that this medication works!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

torgeaux posted:

My back spasms and follow on pain were managed well with 600mg Motrin 3x a day, taken with Gatorade. Heating pad and hot tub. 3 weeks, you'll make it, but extend the overall recovery time by golfing.

Update: Back/leg pain is mostly gone, I'd say I'm back to 95%. I can finally sleep through the night and have little to no pain on a daily basis so the muscle relaxers/anti inflamatory meds are working. Thank goodness!

Clubs are currently en route to Paynes Valley where they will be waiting for us for our first round wednesday afternoon at Ozark National! I will not have touched a club in a month for that first round so ample time on the range beforehand will be needed to see if I remember how to swing a club lol.