Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
This is basically Kyousogiga by way of KLK while being entirely devoid of fanservice. I think throwing us right into it with a bare-minimum explanation of the world really worked for it, and it helps that the animation and art direction is almost Kyousogiga level bonkers while keeping the world pretty well defined.

I'm in.

e: The only other thing Deai has directed is Silver Spoon S2, which he did a really good job with. Someone to watch?

Also I have a lot of respect for Wit after pulling off AoT (the good parts at least) and this amazing first episode.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jan 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Considering how unique Kyousogiga's art style is, being similar to that is pretty noteworthy. There's just something about the feel of it that instantly reminded me of Kyousogiga.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

The_Frag_Man posted:

This is a pretty bad outfit. Is it actually impossible to close that jacket?

Uhhh.. maybe compared to KLK, sure.

Ok, mostly devoid, and also she was not in the first episode (at least in that getup) which is what I was judging off of.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Can Wit really keep up this level of animation? It didn't work out too well for them too well with AoT. :ohdear:

I love the animation, the style, and the little details, but I'm just not sure they can stay consistent.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
It might not have been as fun as the last couple episodes, but I really like what they've set up, and the style is still great. The directing is a little weird though.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Allarion posted:

It's not that hard to follow. The race was ok, but Redline has effectively ruined all races for me it seems.

Not for me it seems. The revelation that this was basically Redline w/ tv budget but more sparkles only made it better.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I think they're basically there to be proxies for us laymen/women, but with a few simple personality traits so they are at least somewhat interesting.

The Chiaya being an alien reveal was pretty bland though, and despite the absurd amount of plot (absurd for the show at least) I didn't really like it much. It's not a bad episode, but not that good either. I just hope wherever we're headed it was worth this setup episode.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Now that it's done, I can say that I enjoyed the ride. It was bizarre and strange and all kinds of ways but ultimately a satisfying ride with some really gorgeous art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Rodyle posted:

It's worth finishing so long as you accept that you are here for pretty colors and beatdowns, not a terribly coherent storyline.

It was coherent enough. Good? Maybe not. But it was as wonderfully silly as the rest of the show.

• Locked thread