Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I'm trying to learn to cook poo poo because I have no skills besides being sick at videogames.

Think tonight I might try sweet potato fries and some roasted asparagus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I made sweet potato fries tossed in some olive oil with rosemary, salt and pepper and they were loving delicious. I need to work on getting consistent cuts though because the smaller ones burnt up in the oven.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

do you have a gas or electric oven?

:gas:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

I don't know why they would burn up like that, was thinking it was an electric stove, which does that to me

Yeah I just need to get some new knives. All my kitchen knives have gotten dull as hell so I was trying to cut that thing up with a steak knife and ended up with some cuts too small for the cook time.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I want Pho in my face right the gently caress now.

Some siracha sauce and some of that bubble tea

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Wootman posted:

Didn't eat pizza instead ate a McDouble and medium fries. McDs has good rear end fries.

Hell yeah. Gamer pro tip: Ask for dipping sauce with your fries and they'll give it to you for free. I always get the buffalo sauce.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

the cheesy gordita crunch is the best fast food item of all time

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I lived in DC for about a year and a half and everyone is so loving health conscious there that fast food is virtually non-existent. You can occasionally find a subway and I think there's like one McDonalds but there literally isn't a single taco bell within the city limits.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Made some pan-seared salmon with broccoli last night. In terms of time commitment to quality of food, that poo poo is amazing.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I might get some thai food for dinner. Thai is extremely excellent.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I made sweet potato fries again and it went much better this time since I had a decent knife to work with. I need a bigger cookie sheet though because trying to bake a whole potato worth of fries means you can't space them out right and they don't crisp up enough.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Can someone with experience breading chicken tell me why the skin keeps falling off on me. Like, the breading isn't falling off, literally the skin itself does.

I use flour > egg > breadcrumbs then pan fry on both sides and bake in the oven for like 35 minutes.

It's still loving tasty but I'm looking for some cohesiveness here.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

EuronHasADragonHorn posted:

are you letting the chicken chill for awhile after you batter it?

nah, I just immediately throw it in the pan.

oh and the skin doesn't fall off while it's cooking or anything but when I try and cut into it it does. Like it gets super loose during the cooking process for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

EuronHasADragonHorn posted:

i wouldnt bake it either, not sure what youre going for there. i just use a dutch oven to fry it entirely in the oil. you could also just use a deep cast iron pan if you dont have a dutch oven

Generally I fry it to the point of being browned on both sides and then throw it in the oven so I can go do other stuff while it cooks through.

Thanks, I'll try those suggestions.

• Locked thread