Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

last night, had some thai red curry and rice.

tomorrow I'm driving up to studio city to pick up a tv monitor, and there's some really good ramen places around.

Wootman posted:

Popeyes fries are so loving good. I love Popeyes, way better than that trash that is KFC.
this. popeyes is better than kfc in every way imaginable.

liquid courage fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jan 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

Wormskull posted:

I had 20 nugs for 5 bucks.
tip: burger king is running some kind of promo 10 nugs for 1.50. can't speak to the quality, but just a heads up for a fellow imp and nugget eater.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

also, i know this is like fast food 101 but i just discovered the importance of ordering off the value menu. gently caress paying close to 10 bucks for a a burger, fries and drink.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

seriously. hit up burger king a few weeks ago, got two chicken sandwiches, a small fry and a drink for 5bux.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

eh, it's still better than kfc.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

yeah, if you eat at taco bell you really need a tolerance for the the same lovely ingredients thrown together in a slightly different way. making some chicken soup for dinner tonight. gonna wrap myself up in a blanket, eat soup and play videogames. also, bbg, i'd recommend giving their red beans & rice or mashed potatoes & gravy a try. won't blow yr mind, but their gravy is pretty alright. for my money, the best fried chicken i've had is at roscoe's chicken and waffles, because chicken and waffles is some drat win. i think their secret is in the brine.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

woah, woah. vegetables should not be under attack here.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

let's be serious. we're not talking about eating unadulterated carrots here. no imp would do that.

edit: although, if we're gonna talk about best roast vegetables it's gotta be potatoes with fresh rosemary.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

Dexters Secret posted:

i had dinner at a friend's house last week and everything was cooked with bay leaf

why do people like bay leaf, its loving disgusting. it makes everything taste like you're eating potpouri
sounds like a bad recipe. gotta use it sparingly. i made a big pot of soup today and used one bay leaf for the whole thing.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

Oil of Paris posted:

cool carrot fact: in medieval cookbooks, they advise using carrots in roasts/stews sparingly, because they were considered very spicy. the carrots we eat today are shadows of what carrots used to be. well bye
now i'm imagining what kind of hosed up ugly carrots they had in medieval times.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

ended up trying five guys for dinner. pretty good burger but in-n-out's are still better. their fries are really good, tho. dq is pretty bad and i guess you just have terrible taste in fast food, dexter's secret. taco bell and dairy queen in one day? drat son.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Taco Bell casadia's are fairly epic actually.
okay, fair enough. but quesadillas are so easy to make even tailsbuttholeguy could make them.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I heat pizza up on the grill or a frying pan, to bring it back to life.
this or the oven is the way to go.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

leftover soup for lunch. maybe some pasta and salad for dinner.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

went to a german restaurant and had some bratwurst, sauerkraut and mashed potatoes. good overall, but they practically pureed the potatoes.

imp zone - how do you like your mashed potatoes. lightly or thoroughly mashed?

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

ah yes, baked potatoes. also delicious and with a excellent starchy consistency.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

went to parents for dinner. they grilled some lamb with roast sweet potatoes and a salad. haven't had lamb in years... so drat good. also, to whoever was talking about eating the cheapest food possible - white rice and black beans... that poo poo's a complete protein and as an added bonus, you'll only have one bowel movement a week.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

Wootman posted:

people that don't like mexican food are brain damaged.
a friend of mine in high school used to bring goat cheese and tinga de pollo for lunch all the time. his grandmother made it and it was really loving good and what i'm trying to say is i wish i had a mexican grandma.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

i've made some decent bahn mi but i think the secret is in the pickled vegetables which i'm not good at making.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

for some reason, i'm learning about korean doo doo wine now. thanks, black baby goku.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

Mr. Pumroy posted:

it will sit like a lead weight in your stomach.

toss the hash browns immediately that poo poo is poison
mc donald's is greasy as gently caress but the hash brown patty is good.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

barbequed chicken thighs, leftover yams from last night and a small salad.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

Wootman posted:

i just finished eating coco puffs, the best cereal.
i'd agree but these always tore the poo poo out of the roof of my mouth. krispies all the way.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

Beef stew... cooked it for like 5-6 hours yesterday. It was everything I could hope for in a stew.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

wootman's av is bad and he needs one that isn't so byob. also, work is gay but necessary to afford more videogames.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

stir fry with left over barbequed chicken over rice

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

stew crew

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

i read the phone as pho and now i want pho.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

here's my recipe for the best tomato sauce... a can of whole san marzano tomatoes, a whole onion and half a stick of butter. throw the tomatoes in a small pot, crush them against the side of the pot with a wooden spoon or other stirring implement of yr choice. bring the pot to a simmer. add the butter and let it melt into the pot. skin and throw in the onion whole. cook the tomatoes for about an hour or to the consistency of your liking. remove the onion before eating.

i'm thinking it's burrito night... just feels like the right time for burrito.

liquid courage fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jan 29, 2015

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

grilled salmon. the best way to prepare salmon.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

drat, opened the fridge to find no peanut butter and instead, my roommate's lovely sunflower seed butter. gently caress sunflower seed butter.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

had a roundtable pizza. better than i remembered.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

get a back alley, you two

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

carne asada burrito, rice and beans.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

had some ribs over the weekend. they were nice. just brined 'em, seasoned accordingly and used some trader joe's bbq sauce. i need to get a decent sauce recipe from my grandfather... he's from oklahoma and makes drat good ribs.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

green curry rules. making some fajitas right now because i'm feeling lazy.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

that peppercorn roast looks like it would go great with mashed potatoes and sauteed brussel sprouts. or maybe some roast yams.

liquid courage fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Feb 14, 2015

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

dexter's secret, to redeem yourself make this simple and delicious pasta sauce and post pics. it's good as hell (because of the fuckton of butter):

ingredients:
1 can san marzano plum tomatoes (just find them, don't use hunts or whatever bullshit you have on hand)
5 tablespoons butter
1 medium onion, peeled and cut in half
salt to taste
1 pound pasta of yr choice
freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese for the table

preparation:
put the canned tomatoes in a saucepan, add the butter, onion, and salt, and cook uncovered at a very slow, but steady simmer for 45 minutes, or until the fat floats free from the tomato. stir from time to time, mashing any large piece of tomato in the pan with the back of a wooden spoon. taste and add salt as desired. remove the onion before tossing the sauce with pasta.

also, i've been eating a lot of leftovers cold lately... such as the ribs from last weekend. what do you guys think of eating leftovers cold? i've been trying various leftovers cold after having some skirt steak with bahn mi marinade the next day and liking it that way.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

cheddar and apple sandwich with dijon mustard. needed to use an apple that was gonna turn and it came out pretty well. needs ham though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

yeah, i ate lunch really late today (west coast time)

• Locked thread