Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Its annoying that you cant take on multiple side requests at once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

My biggest knock against both games is that they commit to just one new character per chapter until like the second-to-last one. It mixes things up but it means you have very little time with some party members. I remember wondering when the hell I was gonna get the cool sailor bob-omb for like the entire game.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

64 also has a terrible intro where you go like a whole hour and a town and everything without action commands. so you're just watching mario and goombas very slowly deal 1 damage to eachother and its not engaging at all

to be honest i almost threw the game out before they gave me the pendant that let me block stuff and deal double damage

The Bowser's castle intro section in SMRPG was cool because you could still do action commands even though you hadn't been taught yet

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Rawk Hawk is my hero

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I would lose hours and hours of gameplay as i continually went far too deep into the pit of 100 trials at inappropriate levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

No Such Thing posted:

I would lose hours and hours of gameplay as i continually went far too deep into the pit of 100 trials at inappropriate levels.

i remember running into completely normal looking piranha plants at the deeper levels and thinking "oh okay i guess they're giving me a break" and i realized that until that point in the game there were no normal-colored piranha plants when it bit me and dealt like 13 loving damage or something

• Locked thread