Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Was this written by Amy Poehler and/or Mike Schur? Or just some random?

Edit: I should have read to the end before replying; it was someone from the writing team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
I'm guessing both of them had a hand in it, possibly with other people as well.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Well that was a worthy note from the venerable character leslie knope. If anyone can make you feel better about a poo poo sandwich it's that persona.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
that was as embarrassing as the loving political fan fics that dotted twitter throughout this entire election. one of my favorite shows of all time but i don't give a gently caress what a fictional character has to say about the real world, especially not coming from goddamn vox of all places.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Enderzero posted:

that was as embarrassing as the loving political fan fics that dotted twitter throughout this entire election. one of my favorite shows of all time but i don't give a gently caress what a fictional character has to say about the real world, especially not coming from goddamn vox of all places.

Well, then pretend that the person who actually wrote it meant what was written.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

remusclaw posted:

Well, then pretend that the person who actually wrote it meant what was written.

anything from vox is a hard pass so, no.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I actually thought it was fun and interesting to see what a fictional character that I wish were real and running for president would have to say about it.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Enderzero posted:

anything from vox is a hard pass so, no.

Yeah if only they aired it on NBC.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Enderzero posted:

Yeah it was some grade A corny rear end poo poo that white liberals who called Hillary "khaleesi" love to gobble up

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

I actually thought it was fun and interesting to see what a fictional character that I wish were real and running for president would have to say about it.

It's fine if you enjoyed but I'm just seeing more of the smug back patting poo poo that led to the situation so I'm beyond not interested.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Enderzero posted:

It's fine if you enjoyed but I'm just seeing more of the smug back patting poo poo that led to the situation so I'm beyond not interested.

The idea that liberal smugness caused Trump's victory is incredibly stupid and counterproductive. Posting on an internet forum to announce that you're disinterested in something is pretty counterproductive too, come to think of it.

Tiny Brontosaurus fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Nov 11, 2016

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah reactionary pushback was always going to happen, just no one expected it to be with Trump of all people.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Gynecolojustice posted:

Yeah it was some grade A corny rear end poo poo that white liberals who called Hillary "khaleesi" love to gobble up

https://twitter.com/orientdistress/status/796664869764419584

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

The idea that liberal smugness caused Trump's victory is incredibly stupid and counterproductive. Posting on an internet forum to announce that you're disintered in something is pretty counterproductive too, come to think of it.

No it's really not. Thinking poo poo like Lena Dunham make a GOTV video is going to help win the election is exactly why they lost. They have no idea how to appeal to actual working class voters who they needed to win the election and they can't understand that Hamilton jokes and having every celebrity on their side wasn't going to be enough in the non coastal cities that are actually suffering. Keep thinking that way and you can look forward to 8 years of trump.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Enderzero posted:

No it's really not. Thinking poo poo like Lena Dunham make a GOTV video is going to help win the election is exactly why they lost. They have no idea how to appeal to actual working class voters who they needed to win the election and they can't understand that Hamilton jokes and having every celebrity on their side wasn't going to be enough in the non coastal cities that are actually suffering. Keep thinking that way and you can look forward to 8 years of trump.

I'm not interested in getting into an argument with you about this. If you're this uninformed, after the longest, most exhaustively documented campaign in history, it's because you want to be.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
But he's completely right

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Gynecolojustice posted:

But he's completely right

Test it then. Go wage your war on smugness and see what that does for racism and the economy, the actual reported justifications Trump voters had when they were asked. When no one on earth is smug I'm sure we'll all be free.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
"Our country elected a crypto-fascist running on a white nationalist platform and it's all the liberals' fault"

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
The message Hillary and her campaign were pushing was completely tone deaf towards the biggest demographic that hurt her (white labor). These corny pop-culture references that don't address anything were part of her tone deaf, lazyass campaign. While Trump was out there shouting down free trade agreements, knowing how to get to white labor's pain points, Hillary is hosting concerts with Jay Z, thinking black people are stupid enough to see that and get galvanized to vote. She was lazy as hell in her message crafting, it appealed only to her white liberal base that was already hers to begin with.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I don't think this is really the place to have this discussion.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Pakled posted:

"Our country elected a crypto-fascist running on a white nationalist platform and it's all the liberals' fault"

It's sad to see so many leftists abandon minority's to push their pet projects.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Test it then. Go wage your war on smugness and see what that does for racism and the economy, the actual reported justifications Trump voters had when they were asked. When no one on earth is smug I'm sure we'll all be free.

That's my point though. They were so smug and sure that no one would support a clown like trump that they forgot to actually have anything to offer but the same neoliberal bullshit that is slowly bleeding them to death. For fucks sake, Hillary held back oppo research about Trump in the primaries because they were just SO sure they could beat his rear end in the general. Swing states don't care about Broad City and their arrogance in assuming the country would just get in line since it's her turn was their undoing.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Enderzero posted:

That's my point though. They were so smug and sure that no one would support a clown like trump that they forgot to actually have anything to offer but the same neoliberal bullshit that is slowly bleeding them to death. For fucks sake, Hillary held back oppo research about Trump in the primaries because they were just SO sure they could beat his rear end in the general. Swing states don't care about Broad City and their arrogance in assuming the country would just get in line since it's her turn was their undoing.

This is nothing but projection, she had dozens of very clear policies and the democratic platform was the most leftwing ever proposed far more then Obama even, what neoliberal bullshit did she actually push that isn't just in your head.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

socialsecurity posted:

This is nothing but projection, she had dozens of very clear policies and the democratic platform was the most leftwing ever proposed far more then Obama even, what neoliberal bullshit did she actually push that isn't just in your head.

Obama has been a neoliberal in practice so that means nothing. TPP, wouldn't support $15 minimum wage, spoke to bankers who she should be jailing or at least distancing herself, no single payer, Neera Tanden, etc. Having the most left leaning platform means nothing when far central right is the status quo.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Enderzero posted:

Obama has been a neoliberal in practice so that means nothing. TPP, wouldn't support $15 minimum wage, spoke to bankers who she should be jailing or at least distancing herself, no single payer, Neera Tanden, etc. Having the most left leaning platform means nothing when far central right is the status quo.

She support the $15, what parts of the TPP do you actually hate? I see alot of hate from people who haven't read/tried to understand it. You seem to just have unrealistic expectations in general I doubt any politician will actually please you.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

socialsecurity posted:

Are you loving kidding me? Are you actually pretending a person who actively sought Kissinger's endorsement is progressive? You're pretending a person who didn't officially endorse BLM ever, who directly contributed to the rise of black imprisonment, who coined the term "super-predators", who voted for the Iraq War, who gave secret $250k+ speeches to Wall Street officials, who bombed the ever-living gently caress out of Libya, who described herself as "center-left to center-right" is a progressive? That's what you're saying here?

She was and is a centrist through and loving through.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Oh god your stupid election is already ruining everything. Goddamn America. You're unraveling fast.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Nov 11, 2016

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Go back to DnD, all of you, this is a Parks and Rec thread

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Are you loving kidding me? Are you actually pretending a person who actively sought Kissinger's endorsement is progressive? You're pretending a person who didn't officially endorse BLM ever, who directly contributed to the rise of black imprisonment, who coined the term "super-predators", who voted for the Iraq War, who gave secret $250k+ speeches to Wall Street officials, who bombed the ever-living gently caress out of Libya, who described herself as "center-left to center-right" is a progressive? That's what you're saying here?

Yaaaaas khaleesi?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mameluke posted:

Go back to DnD, all of you, this is a Parks and Rec thread

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
This thread title is more appropriate than ever now.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

I agree with all of this but I also read it in a droning patton oswalt voice and I suggest you all do the same.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

"I don't know why I know that; I took four years of Spanish."
Ya'll are totally missing the point. Ann moved back to Pawnee!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

TheAngryDrunk posted:

Ya'll are totally missing the point. Ann moved back to Pawnee!

They told us this in the series finale.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

"I don't know why I know that; I took four years of Spanish."

codenameFANGIO posted:

They told us this in the series finale.

Whatever, you crypto-facist.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

The year is 2018. America is thriving under President Nick Cannon.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?

codenameFANGIO posted:

I don't think this is really the place to have this discussion.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Is there a legal way to get the extended version of the Finale online that I'm somehow overlooking? Hulu has every single loving producers cut except that one and NBC took it down a year ago from what I can tell.

Edit: I bet it's to increase physical sales, isn't it. :(

Sankis fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Nov 16, 2016

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

I have no idea if this has been posted yet but I got a chuckle out of it:

http://www.cephalofair.com/2014/06/cones-dunshire.html

Sorry for bumping a dead thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

As long as it is bumped, everyone who liked parks and rec should marathon The Good Place.

Like, right now go and watch it.

• Locked thread