Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

Also yes this season is post timeskip.

Not necessarily 100%... talking about Jon Hamm's character...

quote:

“If I have my way, every episode where you see events that take place before that moment will include a shot of him doing something insanely incompetent,” showrunner Mike Schur told my colleague Dan Snierson of a Hamm return after the finale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

smashpro1 posted:

The title of tonight's second episode has me excited!
Ron and Jammy

Oh, we're getting two episodes tonight?? I thought it was 2 each week aside from the premiere and finale, for some reason!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

Should be the name of the thread.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

tin can made man posted:

I wonder if we'll get to hear Ben's opinion on the new Star Wars

I'm more interested in references to all of the new Twin Peaks stuff! Between the recent box set and the upcoming new miniseries....

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Finally went to take a look at this... I find it frustrating that they're hinging the possibility of a standard version of the game being released on the success of this prohibitively large and expensive version. I would buy a standard version in a heartbeat, even if it was relatively expensive... but I have no interest in paying $500 for a ten square foot version of the game, or paying less to not even get a chance to get the game.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Timett posted:

I don't remember Leslie giving him the mine. Probably first season? I skipped that one.

I don't think her giving it to him is ever shown, it's just been on his desk the whole time.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

Could someone more talented than I please gif this? Oh please.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

So, the two episodes a week decision seems a lot less like it was purely made by NBC's scheduling department now... since the last four episodes were basically both two-parters, it's been working really well, I think. Neither one would have worked nearly as well with a week's break in between.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

She's going to become the new Duke Silver.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Irish Joe posted:

Can you please explain what was funny about any of the 'treat yo'self' stuff from this week?

Joe being baffled by it. The shoes from Hitch II.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yeah, Tom has never been funny. The one moment he gota laugh out of me was when he sang, "This is how you eat it!" and shoved that hot pepper in his mouth.

But without Tom, would we even have Jean-Ralphio in the series?

Or this moment?

Or this one?

He's a facilitator for having over-the-top things happen.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

TheAngryDrunk posted:

It's still on NBC.

From what I've heard, Mike Schur and Amy Poehler are ready to move on to other things and want to wrap it up properly.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Pick posted:

I'm worried about the upcoming episode title, Two Funerals :(.

Amy Poehler teased that in one interview...

That said, viewers can expect a big, emotional send-off in the series finale, which will air on Tuesday, February 24.

“Everyone is there at the end,” Schur said. “The last moments of the show are everybody in the same place at the same time.”

Added star Amy Poehler: “We do say goodbye to some ancillary characters. A lot of them get to say goodbye in different ways, by leaving... or dying.”

Oh, and that same interview backs up what I was saying before about it being their decision to end it and not NBC's.

quote:

Schur and Poehler said it was their decision, and not NBC’s, to end the show after a 13-episode seventh season.

“We pretty quickly came to the same exact conclusion,” Schur said. “As we were heading toward the second half of Season 6, it was like, ‘I feel like it’s one more year and I feel like it’s a short year.’ That’s just what we felt in our guts was the right move creatively. … And then, that’s what we got to do.”

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Feb 4, 2015

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Brock Samson posted:

Need Ben dancing gifs NOOOOOOW

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

Can we get ?uestlove smashing the microwave because holy god they owe me a beer since half of mine ended up on the floor and in my sinuses.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Quandary posted:

Now that I think about it, the return of Zorp would absolutely be the best possible ending for the show

I still kind of wish that this whole final season had taken place in a post-Zorp apocalypse, but I'll still hold out hope for him to arrive in the finale.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Macaluso posted:

We're getting dangerously close to the end of the series without a Greg Pikitis callback :colbert:

He was just in it last season! And "The Pikitis Incident" was one of the items on Leslie's giant, elaborate timeline in "Leslie & Ron", when she was trying to figure out why Ron was mad at her.

Greg Pikitis is one of my favourite episodes, and the one that made me fall in love with the series, but I'll be okay if he doesn't show up again this season.

Now, Orin on the other hand... I hope he shows up. And I hope he's now normal, and married with a kid.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I just started watching last night's episodes, and I just had to say...

thexerox123 posted:

I'm more interested in references to all of the new Twin Peaks stuff! Between the recent box set and the upcoming new miniseries....

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

They're probably not going to reference either of those things. They're using the setting to tell a few silly jokes, not set down The Parks and Rec Prophecies.

Ha! I knew they'd reference it!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I think it is becoming increasingly obvious that, for the finale

That title is for episode 11, the finale is episodes 12 and 13.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Timett posted:

I keep having these images of Jean Ralphio in a casket but he's faking his death and at some point jumps out and sings a little jingle.

Same here, but I picture that it's both Jean Ralphio and Mona Lisa, and they're watching from the rafters Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn style.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

smashpro1 posted:

Pretty sure Nick Offerman just spoiled something from tonight's episodes on Twitter.

Or he's just messing with people...

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

NESguerilla posted:

I couldn't agree with this more. They seem to be intent on giving everyone a fairy tale ending no matter how irrelevant it is. They are just shoehorning all of these storylines in out of nowhere.

This whole season has been some of the worst television I've willfully subjected myself to in as long as I can remember. I hate to be so negative, but I think at this point they have just completely forgotten what made the show good in the first place and it's rarely funny and sappy as hell. They should have ended it 2 years ago. Good riddance.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Also using that gif because someone is giving you some bad feels about a TV show is some next level irony

The only "feel" that I got from that post was the feeling that I had an opportunity to use that gif, from this very show and thread. I don't really care if anyone dislikes this season.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

What the gently caress :(
I was just listening to the third Scott/Peretti/Wittels Comedy Bang Bang on my way into work... now I'm about to head home, it's going to be weird listening to the second half of it :/

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I really don't get why anybody in this thread is defending the lovely, stiff pre-set style of interview just because it's prevalent in late night shows.

Even in the Late Night thread, the consensus has generally been that it's not great. And that Craig Ferguson's interview style was a lot better.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Nobody's defending it, just pointing out how stupid it is to complain that the hour-long entertainment products infomercial you decided to watch isn't spontaneous enough.

Why? As I said, Craig Ferguson managed to be spontaneous in the late-night format. It's not impossible. And many comedians manage to go on other late-night shows without sounding like they're doing pre-written bits.

Saying that it's dumb to complain about is not really different from defending it.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Feb 22, 2015

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

We're calling you dumb for being surprised by it, which you only are because you apparently don't recognize marketing until it's really, really obvious. If you actually thought it was indefensible you wouldn't watch. You're the guy who complains about commercial breaks but watches the Superbowl "for the ads."

I'm not surprised by it, never implied that I was. Maybe you're mistaking me for another poster?

Or you're just jumping to dumb conclusions.

Also, I mostly did just watch Craig Ferguson when he was still on, so I don't know what you're going on about with the "if you thought it was indefensible you wouldn't watch" part. And you can find things annoying/lame without going so far as to think they're indefensible.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Feb 22, 2015

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

What does everyone think the odds are of getting appearances from Chris/Ann/Mark or some combination thereof for the finale? (Or even just mentions of them, at least.)

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

So I just checked...the final episode is only 30 minutes? That's kind of sad.

I don't think it is? The NBC schedule has it for an hour.

It isn't two episodes tomorrow, it's one 2-part episode.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

StoneOfShame posted:

ball their eyes out

This sounds painful.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Captain von Trapp posted:

Yep. And not just the finale, the whole final season. Don't get me wrong, it was a great valediction and I'm gratified that we got to watch it. But it wasn't Parks & Rec, it was Parks & Rec fanfiction.

I'm pretty sure it was actually Parks & Rec no matter how you personally felt about it.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

pentyne posted:

There's a reason that you suddenly notice everyone eating Subway sandwiches constantly in season 3.

The Subway product placement is done hilariously, though. It's so over the top.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

It bugs me that neither Tina Fey nor Rachel Dratch ever showed up.

Rachel Dratch showed up this season, she was their babysitter in Donna & Joe.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

If you want something heartwarming and don't have any issues with watching all-ages cartoons, Steven Universe is honestly one of the most heartwarming, sincere, and consistently great shows that I've ever seen.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Wait, what about Levi trying to save everyone? Is he super religious and want everyone to accept Jesus or something? If so, who cares? Sorry, if this is exactly the argument you were trying to stop, I just have no idea what you're referring to. (Unlike Baldwin's opinions, which I can't escape any time he's mentioned)

AlliedBiscuit posted:

My friend has worked a bit with Zack Levi and says he's super religious and kind of misogynist. She still has a huge crush on him though

:(

(Chuck was still a great show, regardless.)

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Basically the problem is that it walks back some very important character growth in Season 4 (Leslie learning not to be a giant out-of-control steamroller), which is an issue in a lot of sitcoms but more noticeable in one with characters developed as carefully and consistently as P&R's.

To be fair, though, that's pretty true to life. Recognizing your faults doesn't always result in a change of who you are as a person.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Oh god your stupid election is already ruining everything. Goddamn America. You're unraveling fast.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Nov 11, 2016

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

As long as it is bumped, everyone who liked parks and rec should marathon The Good Place.

Like, right now go and watch it.

Yes, definitely, I absolutely back this sentiment. It's a great show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

Pluuuuuuus AD starts from the premise of giving your family a chance because they're family and gently caress that noise

But the series as a whole is largely about tearing that concept down.

• Locked thread