Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
I still can't loving believe they got Bill Murray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

codenameFANGIO posted:

I was literally like, "aw they never got Bill Murray to play- :stare: holy poo poo"

edit: also loving RIP Harris Wittels what a loving bummer :(

Same, I assumed it would leak if he was to be on the show and was minorly bummed about it earlier in the season. Great moment.

Harris Wittels dying the week before the finale is just a gutpunch. Sucks.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

cebrail posted:

Re: Happy Endings talk: Their Twitter account has been active recently, there were a bunch of references to the characters, and the coordinates to a Four Seasons hotel in Chicago. There's a count down as well, and the fact that it's counting towarsd April 1st is the only thing that makes me not super happy about this.

I'm pretty sure it's just the former writers loving around. They did a bit when it was cancelled telling people one of the writers was the abc executive who cancelled the show and to send angry tweets about it to him.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
that was as embarrassing as the loving political fan fics that dotted twitter throughout this entire election. one of my favorite shows of all time but i don't give a gently caress what a fictional character has to say about the real world, especially not coming from goddamn vox of all places.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

remusclaw posted:

Well, then pretend that the person who actually wrote it meant what was written.

anything from vox is a hard pass so, no.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

I actually thought it was fun and interesting to see what a fictional character that I wish were real and running for president would have to say about it.

It's fine if you enjoyed but I'm just seeing more of the smug back patting poo poo that led to the situation so I'm beyond not interested.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Gynecolojustice posted:

Yeah it was some grade A corny rear end poo poo that white liberals who called Hillary "khaleesi" love to gobble up

https://twitter.com/orientdistress/status/796664869764419584

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

The idea that liberal smugness caused Trump's victory is incredibly stupid and counterproductive. Posting on an internet forum to announce that you're disintered in something is pretty counterproductive too, come to think of it.

No it's really not. Thinking poo poo like Lena Dunham make a GOTV video is going to help win the election is exactly why they lost. They have no idea how to appeal to actual working class voters who they needed to win the election and they can't understand that Hamilton jokes and having every celebrity on their side wasn't going to be enough in the non coastal cities that are actually suffering. Keep thinking that way and you can look forward to 8 years of trump.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Test it then. Go wage your war on smugness and see what that does for racism and the economy, the actual reported justifications Trump voters had when they were asked. When no one on earth is smug I'm sure we'll all be free.

That's my point though. They were so smug and sure that no one would support a clown like trump that they forgot to actually have anything to offer but the same neoliberal bullshit that is slowly bleeding them to death. For fucks sake, Hillary held back oppo research about Trump in the primaries because they were just SO sure they could beat his rear end in the general. Swing states don't care about Broad City and their arrogance in assuming the country would just get in line since it's her turn was their undoing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

socialsecurity posted:

This is nothing but projection, she had dozens of very clear policies and the democratic platform was the most leftwing ever proposed far more then Obama even, what neoliberal bullshit did she actually push that isn't just in your head.

Obama has been a neoliberal in practice so that means nothing. TPP, wouldn't support $15 minimum wage, spoke to bankers who she should be jailing or at least distancing herself, no single payer, Neera Tanden, etc. Having the most left leaning platform means nothing when far central right is the status quo.

• Locked thread