Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah setting the show in-the-future-but-not-by-much gives them so many great joke opportunities. Plus there's bound to be tons of things they've been leaving either story or jokes wise for a final season with notice... ah I can't wait. January is a good month for comedy. So many good shows starting back up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I love how even Jamm's beard returned complete the day after. Was a really fun storyline for both characters, and didn't feel forced as a way to give them both something to do in the final run.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'm glad they aired the 'standard but fun' episode of Parks before the really good one. When they did the wedding and ran a normal episode after it, I don't think I've cared for a Parks episode any less because of how good the previous episode was. Loving the double headers so far.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I know they're trying to pace a storyline with (really good) fan service, but this season is making me wonder if it would've worked better as a half season length show every year. The pace is lightning fast, but every episode is really enjoyable. I never thought the show dipped below 'good' but a lot of people gave up on it, I hope they've come back for the last run because it's been gold.

(I think Arrested Development had more fun with the fake judge trial thing, but I still popped for Perd)

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Kinda crappy news - only one episode this week, NBC schedule has the 2nd half of the hour showing a re-run of the s7 premiere.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Weird, because for at least the past two weeks, my MythTV schedule has shown it as an episode named "Ms. Ludgate-Dwyer Goes to Washington", and that hasn't changed.

I got the original info from TV Cal and then went to NBC.con to double check.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The other thing I saw on Twitter about tonight, which should be legit, the return of Bobby Newport.

E: haha holy poo poo, John Cena too. Looking like playing himself, unless it's a photoshop (am on phone and lazy).

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Feb 17, 2015

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The Johnny Karate episode was fantastic, and not at all ruined by my arachnophobia that caused me to both read the thread ahead for spoilers and meant watching it like a child watches a horror film. Dammit.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Oh god that sucks so much :( I knew he had his demons but that's loving horrible.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Based on the season so far, I hope tonight is just an hour long of ultimate fan service bringing back every single character who hasn't appeared so far. I just want an hour of absolute dumb fun. I'm gonna guess they probably had time to get an RIP Harris sign card for the end too, which will probably make me cry like a 7 year old kid who got hit by a school bus.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

No Orin, finale gets an F.

But no, wonderful end to a series that unexpectedly became my favourite show on television. Really hope there isn't a long period before I see everyone involved on new projects, especially Amy who I can't believe at one point I didn't think she was the most awesome person ever.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Parks hit its best ratings since 2011 last night!

A 1.6. Jesus.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Oh well, I can take some small solace in the fact it was a really good show and I enjoyed watching it, but knowing it had a low viewership is going to keep me up a few nights I'm sure :ohdear:

A low viewership that definitely won't be taken into consideration for greenlighting shows that work in a similar vein. Yay for more multicam sitcoms!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Didn't Aubrey have a stroke when she was younger? That'll definitely change your personality some.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Fateo McMurray posted:

It's like they spent 6 episodes trying to be The Office but government! before finding it's own voice

The fun thing is that The Office evolved in practically the same way. A super short first season that didn't really work but showed signs of greatness (for Office this was generally where they went ahead with their own ideas, rather than try localise the British scripts, then 2x01 for both shows was a revelation.

Given how much I liked both these shows, I've always thought a lot of comedies would benefit from giving them only a short first season run so they don't write too much, then work out what needs to change before s2. Brooklyn 99 is an anomaly that just didn't need this.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Oh I don't deny there won't be progression and quality in the characters, just that B99 was one of the few shows that was super watchable from the word go and the entire season was really fun. Imagine a 24 episode first season of The Office or Parks and Recs. I don't think either would've had the time necessary to sit back, think about what worked, see what went down well with the audience etc.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Wouldn't be surprised if that was a BBC thing, they pull this kind of bullshit all the time for licensing. When Lee & Herring were arranging the rights to put out their DVDs of Fist of Fun, the Beeb couldn't make up their mind which bits absolutely had to be cut. There was no reason behind any of it, and each time they spoke to them they were told to cut different things. Infuriating company.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I used to love Scrubs, but I think it managed to make enough bad episodes that sullied my opinion of it and I can't remember the last time I thought I should watch an episode of it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Davros1 posted:

The IT Crowd.

If you're gonna go with a Linehan show, it absolutely has to be Father Ted. Every single episode is gold, and anyone who hasn't seen it is missing out on one of the best sitcoms ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

'Add to Watch Later' very much hit. Good find.

• Locked thread