Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
console D3 is actually pretty fun and controls well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Minecraft & MMO Playing Guy: lol, [game] is really bad.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Heavy Lobster posted:

I keep hearing there are mods that save TL2 but have yet to find any that make its insanely bad skill selection interesting at all

That's not a challenge, please help me enjoy this game

tl2 has a lot of problems, a poor skill system with backwards-rear end scaling and incredibly tanky enemies with braindead AIs being top among them.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Torchlight 2 is an incredibly bad game with a decent art style that only gets praise from people with very thick rose colored glasses who are desperate to hate on Diablo 3. It is somehow worse than TL1, and TL1 was no prize.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

chumbler posted:

Torchlight 2 is an incredibly bad game with a decent art style that only gets praise from people with very thick rose colored glasses who are desperate to hate on Diablo 3. It is somehow worse than TL 1, and TL1 was no prize.

Oh, word?

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

minecraft took home 5 awards from the gdc. you can build anything in minecraft and easily play with friends in an ever-expanding world

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dexters Secret posted:

minecraft took home 5 awards from the gdc. you can build anything in minecraft and easily play with friends in an ever-expanding world

While this is an appeal to authority, I do have to agree that Minecraft is awesome. For god sake someone made a mod that let's you eat rain,.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Heavy Lobster posted:

I keep hearing there are mods that save TL2 but have yet to find any that make its insanely bad skill selection interesting at all

That's not a challenge, please help me enjoy this game

i remember being like 7 levels into TL2 as one of the melee classes and figuring out that one skill was a do-it-all and everything else was garbage in comparison.

then i hear that the endgame is horrible because of how defense and resistances worked. even if one day some master ~fixes every problem~ mod gets released for it poe and titan quest+underlord mod are way better games

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

lmfao at how easy the desperate clicky game fans are to defend their honor, how is Dexter's motherufcking Secret the only nigga to catch on

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

you can do anything in minecraft. the only limit is yourself.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

i remember being like 7 levels into TL2 as one of the melee classes and figuring out that one skill was a do-it-all and everything else was garbage in comparison.

then i hear that the endgame is horrible because of how defense and resistances worked. even if one day some master ~fixes every problem~ mod gets released for it poe and titan quest+underlord mod are way better games

The classes' charge meters were supposed to be something akin to a fighting game super bar, and only one actually does that and even then for very few of that class's skills. The other three are literally passive buffs. I am convinced that the developers just said "gently caress it, let modders handle it and then just spin it as a positive of the game" for the majority of features in the game.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

chumbler posted:

The classes' charge meters were supposed to be something akin to a fighting game super bar, and only one actually does that and even then for very few of that class's skills. The other three are literally passive buffs. I am convinced that the developers just said "gently caress it, let modders handle it and then just spin it as a positive of the game" for the majority of features in the game.

quote before future shame edit

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

chumbler posted:

Dude. Come on. Daikantana Ritsu has come out and said she's trolling, and your still falling for it?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Dude. Come on. Daikantana Ritsu has come out and said she's trolling, and your still falling for it?

I just really dislike Torchlight 2.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

chumbler posted:

Post history: The MMO HMO & ADTRW

lol kill yourself son

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

chumbler posted:

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
crusader is pretty fun OP

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What is with these fag lurkers always tripping out of the woodwork to say UHH ACTUALLY THIS GAME IS GREAT PLEASE STOP :qq:

seriously synthy has some kind of ancient sperg-attracting power. it happens in almost every thread.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
Diablo 3 kicks rear end

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

What is with these fag lurkers always tripping out of the woodwork to say UHH ACTUALLY THIS GAME IS GREAT PLEASE STOP :qq:

seriously synthy has some kind of ancient sperg-attracting power. it happens in almost every thread.

The pot calling the kettle black.

Grakdesh
Jul 21, 2005

High-functioning otaku.
Is there controller support for D3 on PC yet?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The pot calling the kettle black.

:negative:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

TL2 wasn that bad guys

Sure 9/10 skills are poo poo and 1/10 are imba.

Compare it with its main competitor pre-RoS D3 and its a fuckin gem tho

Scrubs just dl a modded class pack and search for the 1 that has consitent skills

im still searchin

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

TL1 is the best arpg tho sorry noobs

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

nopantsjack posted:

TL1 is the best arpg tho sorry noobs

Come on dude.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Hoodrich posted:

Diablo 3 kicks rear end

Truth.

I still don't know how PoE's end game is different from D3's. You get loot, you run bosses, you get better loot. That's the point of the game yo.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

Grakdesh posted:

Is there controller support for D3 on PC yet?

They really should do this

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

Can't you feel the knife?
So there's a new patch dropping tomorrow right?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
there is endgame content for d3 beyond running rifts. it's the uber bosses that you have to farm stuff to access, which isn't great, but is an endgame goal.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I enjoyed D3 and the original Torchlight. I haven't played either the expansion for D3 or TL2 (I think I have like a couple of hours in tl2). Are they worth picking up/playing?

I'd rather play TL2 Co op but if no one plays here and it's worth playing I could probably get an IRL friend to play since it's always so cheap.

I don't mind using mods like respec potions and stuff.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Disclaimer: I haven't played D3 since before they got rid of the auction house stuff. When I played the thing to do was to glitch to Act IV inferno, break pots and sell the greens that dropped on the AH and RMAH for lots of money since the loot that dropped in act 1 inferno did not prepare you for horde mortar fire chains invulnerable minions bees.

It sounds like it's not Beeablo anymore and that's good.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

reaper of souls is a paid fix that turns a poo poo game into a pretty good one. but when the competition has giant free content patches all the time and bliz is going "hey this patch we've been working on for 9 months has uhh minor balance changes enjoy the new season!" ehh

theres also just nothing to do. get to 70, get torment-ready. run rifts. ohh you can run rifts over and over again but the same monsters have more hp and more damage. repeat forever. no endboss. no goal you're working towards. just get higher numbers for the sake of it. no thanks

What is PoE's endgame because "kill poo poo to kill poo poo faster" sounds like the endgame of the entire genre. It's why I play hardcore because the threat of death and rerolling is more engaging to me than just running on a gear treadmill towards nothing forever.

I tried POE for a couple hours but it felt like I was making an explicit trade-off to play a janky game with lag issues in exchange for it being free which wasn't worth it to me since I can afford to pay $20.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Tender Bender posted:

What is PoE's endgame because "kill poo poo to kill poo poo faster" sounds like the endgame of the entire genre. It's why I play hardcore because the threat of death and rerolling is more engaging to me than just running on a gear treadmill towards nothing forever.

I tried POE for a couple hours but it felt like I was making an explicit trade-off to play a janky game with lag issues in exchange for it being free which wasn't worth it to me since I can afford to pay $20.

i think the difference is diablo 3's end game is based on adventure mode while PoE keeps adding stuff to the campaign

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Disclaimer: I haven't played D3 since before they got rid of the auction house stuff. When I played the thing to do was to glitch to Act IV inferno, break pots and sell the greens that dropped on the AH and RMAH for lots of money since the loot that dropped in act 1 inferno did not prepare you for horde mortar fire chains invulnerable minions bees.

It sounds like it's not Beeablo anymore and that's good.

they've totally changed everything. uniques drop way more often and there are some actual interesting ones, there's an element type rune for most skills so you can run all physical/cold/lightning/etc. and try to gear around that. the game also respects which class you're playing and will drop loot based on that (a barb will find more stuff with strength and barb skill enhancements on it for example).

and yeah, they've made the mobs a lot easier. anyone can get into torment 2/3 with the more common legendaries instead of just psychopaths/insanely lucky people and they've gotten rid of/nerfed annoying poo poo like monster invincibility, extra health, ranged monsters constantly running away from you, etc. so that it's a nice smooth monster blender.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Bobnumerotres posted:

they've totally changed everything. uniques drop way more often and there are some actual interesting ones, there's an element type rune for most skills so you can run all physical/cold/lightning/etc. and try to gear around that. the game also respects which class you're playing and will drop loot based on that (a barb will find more stuff with strength and barb skill enhancements on it for example).

and yeah, they've made the mobs a lot easier. anyone can get into torment 2/3 with the more common legendaries instead of just psychopaths/insanely lucky people and they've gotten rid of/nerfed annoying poo poo like monster invincibility, extra health, ranged monsters constantly running away from you, etc. so that it's a nice smooth monster blender.

i really like that you can play through the campaign on hard difficulty at the start now because the base difficulty has always been so ridiculously easy

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Did they fix the monster AOE stuff with the upcoming patch? I was curious if they went through with it so not everything would be spammed and you would not be walking on an endless sea of green poison and ice with arcane lasers.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dexters Secret posted:

i really like that you can play through the campaign on hard difficulty at the start now because the base difficulty has always been so ridiculously easy

You can play through it on basically master or at the very very least expert even without any twink gear or upgraded guys or whatever.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Wormskull posted:

You can play through it on basically master or at the very very least expert even without any twink gear or upgraded guys or whatever.

expert is only 25% more xp. hard is faster.

ive done some play on master after a big upgrade but after a ~5 levels without a new weapon i'll go back down to hard because stuff starts taking too long to kill

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Your entire wardrobe is twink gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Your entire wardrobe is twink gear.

Holy cow.

• Locked thread