Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

1.) What is professional wrestling to you? Answer this however you want!
Pro wrestling is a comic book/video game come to life! From the crazy colorful characters to the blood feuds to the high flying action, it's the most fun performance art pseudo-sport entertainment out there!

2.) How long have you been a fan? Was there any defining moment that turned you into someone who became a habitual viewer?
I've been a fan off and on since 1991 or so. I loved it as a small kid watching WWF reruns on Saturday afternoon, fell off for a while during the New Generation, came back to it in 2000 thanks to the N64 WWF and WCW games, fell off again around the rise of Cena, and came back again thanks to the Punk pipebomb. Guys like him and Bryan have kept me around ever since.

3.) Who was your first favorite wrestler?
Ultimate Warrior, no question. He was a comic book hero come to life, and even today I have a soft spot for the roided out lunatic, despite his shortcomings in the ring and crazy right-wing politics in his later life. The guy was a total wildman, running all the time and painting his face up. I had nightmares for weeks after he got stuffed in a casket by the Undertaker. :smith:

4.) Have you ever fallen out of following this gay sport? If so, what time period was this? When did you get back into it - and what keeps you watching?
See #2. As a kid, it was just general disinterest during the Hart/Yokozuna years. Wrestlemania 2000/No Mercy/WCW/NWO Revenge made me want to watch so I could see those wrestlers live. I started to get bored around the time of the brand split, especially because boring dudes like Cena and Orton were becoming the norm. Punk brought me back in, and things like the Shield, Bryan's rise, and NXT have kept me glued since.

5.) What promotion was your favorite, alive or dead? What time period from that promotion did you like best?
I'm a big fan of 00/01 WWE. The Invasion, lovely as it was, was my first major storyline, and guys like Angle, Benoit, and Jericho really made me appreciate just how talented some of these guys could be (probably why I have such a soft spot for the IC title, too).

6.) What promotions do you consider your favorites today? What particular things about each one do you enjoy?
Not its own thing, but NXT rules. So much talent, a lot of fun, and a ton of potential. Also, NJPW seems really cool and I've been binge watching old Nakamura and Devitt matches. Lastly, Chikara is a lot of dopey good fun, with some great silliness to it.

7.) Who is your favorite wrestler today, and why?
Tough call, but today I'd say it's probably Sami Zayn. Best face in the business, awesome selling, amazing acrobatic moves, tells a compelling story every time he's in the ring. The guy could be an absolute megastar if he's handled right on the main roster.

BodyMassageMachine fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jan 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread