Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
1.) What is professional wrestling to you? Answer this however you want!

Promos. More than anything in the world Pro Wrestling is someone standing in front of a crowd of thousands of people and getting them to believe something about them and interacting with them. The wrestlers doing that is what inspired me to get into public speaking and debating which have formed the cornerstone of my life for years now. Beyond that, the storylines associated with that. When it's done well it's better than any piece of fiction because these people feel so much more real. The funny part is, actual wrestling? I could care less as long as I care about the characters in that ring.

2.) How long have you been a fan? Was there any defining moment that turned you into someone who became a habitual viewer?

As a kid I remember liking Hulk Hogan, although I was like 4 or 5 at the time and had never really seen a wrestling match. At some point in time we got cable in the UK and I found Smackdown aired at 10 on a Saturday morning. The first one I ever watched had highlights of a Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Undertaker first blood match. At the age of 10 it became my ritual to wake up every Saturday, watch cartoons and then flip to wrestling. This ritual kept up until I went to University.

3.) Who was your first favorite wrestler?

Stone Cold, no question. But Jericho is the one that convinced me to pursue debating.

4.) Have you ever fallen out of following this gay sport? If so, what time period was this? When did you get back into it - and what keeps you watching?

Uni in my first year, I had no real ability to follow wrestling, since we didn't have Sky and I was on campus. I'd go to .com and read the results each week. I guess a lot of the HHH doom period was lost on me because I only ever got to watch Smackdown. The only other time I got close was the 6 day Christian title reign, that really really bummed me out.

Right now I'm thinking of taking a break. More than anything the waste of incredible talent that they have is getting me down.

5.) What promotion was your favorite, alive or dead? What time period from that promotion did you like best?
I've only really watched WWE and my favourite era is probably the Smackdown 6 era, with Attitude coming in a close second. The brand split was genuinely excellent for me because it let me keep up with storylines so much easier.

6.) What promotions do you consider your favorites today? What particular things about each one do you enjoy?
WWE because it's the only thing I get the time to watch. I guess I enjoy it when the stars align and they actually make competent booking decisions.

7.) Who is your favorite wrestler today, and why?
Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett, Cesaro. Daniel Bryan because he's the one guy who's the total package and looks like he'll actually get a shot. Dolph because every time he says anything in a backstage interview I'm enthralled. Barrett, because he's British, he's got Bad News and because I will never ever forget his Winds of Change promo. Cesaro because even though he's a jobber, he's one of the few people that can get me into a match purely based on his wrestling ability.

If you'd asked me a year ago CM Punk would have blown them all out the water though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread