Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
1.) What is professional wrestling to you? Answer this however you want!
It's the action movie of Television. Something I can turn my brain off and not ever get mad about. It's the closest I'll ever get to enjoying a sport from my couch.

2.) How long have you been a fan? Was there any defining moment that turned you into someone who became a habitual viewer?
I was a huge fan as a kid, but my defining moment was probably 18 seconds, actually. I hadn't been following weekly, and then someone in an IRC chat I used to go to mentioned that Daniel Bryan, a wrestler I had a cursory interest in because my friend loved him, lost to Sheamus, a wrestler I was personally a fan of during my sporadic watching at the time (and still am), in 18 seconds. I read about his title reign and was interested.

3.) Who was your first favorite wrestler?
It's gotta be

4.) Have you ever fallen out of following this gay sport? If so, what time period was this? When did you get back into it - and what keeps you watching?
I watched WWF as a kid, and then stopped when I moved (around 1999-2000-ish) and didn't come back until 2010, when I turned on USA randomly and started watching again.

5.) What promotion was your favorite, alive or dead? What time period from that promotion did you like best?
I'm a WWE fan, then, now, forever. I will always hold the attitude era in my heart, but I'm liking the 2012-now stuff I've been seeing a ton too.

6.) What promotions do you consider your favorites today? What particular things about each one do you enjoy?
I like WWE, when the wrestlers I personally enjoy get to wrestle, which is often, as there is really only one wrestler I don't totally enjoy, and he's currently out injured. Even Cesaro and Wade Barrett, who I don't like as much as PSP says I should, are incredibly fun to watch. NXT was my third favorite Television show of the year, and the JBL (not Cole) Show (without Renee Young) was my favorite (even if it's not as great as it was during the CRBNB era) I'm also enjoying Lucha Underground, but I don't catch it as often.

7.) Who is your favorite wrestler today, and why?
I have so many, but I'll list my top five, who aren't going to be in the top 5 order because it's hard to order them when they're so close.

Daniel Bryan- He's the one guy who can make me care about wrestling even close to as much as most of PSP cares about wrestling. I enjoy watching him wrestle, I enjoy watching him talk, I cheered when he won the title off John Cena, and again when he won it against Orton and Batista.

Sheamus- When I watched Wrestling again from 2010 on, Sheamus was the first wrestler I saw win, and I decided I'd be a fan of him. I have enjoyed most of his stuff; even most of his endless feud with Del Rio, though if the two of them never wrestled again I wouldn't have an issue.

AJ Lee- She was neat in the Daniel Bryan/CM Punk/Kane storyline, and kinda interesting as the General Manager, but the minute she won the title, she started rocketing up my favorites list. I enjoyed the fact that she kept her title as much because she was the smartest wrestler as the fact that she was the strongest, and unlike other "smart" wrestlers at the time, she was able to back this up.

Cody Rhodes- So while Daniel Bryan can get me consistently care about Wrestling, Cody Rhodes at his best will make me care more in Wrestling than Daniel Bryan at his best. When Cody lost Money in the Bank to Damien Sandow, even though I knew that exact scenario was going to take place, I was still shouting at the screen. The only other time I've ever shouted at my screen in wrestling was at Wrestlemania XXX, when Brock Lesnar pinned 'Taker. He also cut my favorite wrestling promo since I got back. Daniel Bryan makes me care about wrestling. Cody Rhodes makes me invested. (Damien Sandow just misses the top five, by the way. He's great too.) His replacement Stardust is pretty great too. If I had to pick an absolute favorite, it'd probably be Cody.

Tyler Breeze- The character, the theme, he is my favorite NXT superstar. He was the cause behind my favorite wrestling fan moment, too. At Takeover (1), when he beat Sami Zayn, someone (I forget who) was yelling about how awful it is that this guy would dare to beat his favorite internet darling (who, like Sandow, just misses my top 5; in fact 6-10 is Damien Sandow and NXT people), and I thought it made total sense, because Adrian Neville was an uggo.

...That is a lot more words about wrestling than I expected.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jan 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

sticklefifer posted:

I'm curious who that is. I'm guessing Bo?

Blandy Boreton. He's a decent enough wrestler, and he uses my favorite wrestling move (the "Vintage Orton" DDT), but I don't enjoy watching him 99% of the time. I'm a Bo-liever!

e: I also liked him as a heel a lot more than as a face.

• Locked thread