Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

1.) What is professional wrestling to you? Answer this however you want!

I generally see it as a live-action comic book or fighting game, with silly soap opera storylines and ridiculous characters complete with over-the-top entrances and finishing moves.

2.) How long have you been a fan? Was there any defining moment that turned you into someone who became a habitual viewer?

I started following wrestling after playing the WWF, ECW and WCW games on the Nintendo 64. I couldn't actually watch the stuff for a long time because it would only start airing on Finnish TV in 2001, but once that happened I became a full-blown 'rasslin fan. Of course, this was right around the Invasion storyline, which obviously sucked rear end for many reasons, but I though it was really cool at the time because I got to see a bunch of dudes I knew from the games. Once I got broadband internet a few years later, I got into Japanese (and, to a much lesser degree, indie) wrestling, started reading wrestling sites and forums, making music videos (mainly puro ones, which may or may not still be on youtube on my old account) and that kind of stuff.

3.) Who was your first favorite wrestler?

Chris Jericho, I think. I loved playing as him in WCW/nWo Revenge, and when I finally got to see his matches and promos he turned out to be even more awesome than he was in the games.

4.) Have you ever fallen out of following this gay sport? If so, what time period was this? When did you get back into it - and what keeps you watching?

Benoit was a pretty major blow but I still watched after that, then Mitsuharu Misawa died in the ring in 2009 and I pretty much just stopped. Completely lost interest in wrestling in general, only watching the occasional WWE show where something big happened (such as Bret Hart's return to Raw) or some PWG show my friend had downloaded, but I wasn't really enjoying it anymore. One of the reasons I lost interest may or may not have been the communities on the wrestling forums I used to frequent (the WWE Current section of the Wrestlecrap boards was so so, so goddamn bad), because it became impossible to enjoy the show without some rear end in a top hat sperglord complaining about :jerkbag: THE IWC :jerkbag: and/or telling everyone how wrong you were for liking something. loving morons.

To be quite honest, I still don't actively follow any promotion (I haven't seen a full episode of Raw or Smackdown in years, I only have an idea what's happening because I read PSP), but I do have WWE Network and NJPW World accounts and I'm enjoying watching the old and new stuff again. Even considered making videos again, but don't really want to put in the effort at this point. (Does anyone even watch wrestling MVs anymore? I never really did, I just enjoyed making my own)

I think the WWE Network was the main reason I kinda got back into it, being able to watch all those old shows was so great even though I didn't care for the current product that much. Daniel Bryan winning the title at Mania was also a big moment.

5.) What promotion was your favorite, alive or dead? What time period from that promotion did you like best?

I did love NOAH in the early to mid 00s, so probably that. 90s AJPW, NJPW and FMW had a ton of good stuff as well.

6.) What promotions do you consider your favorites today? What particular things about each one do you enjoy?

NJPW, I guess. I haven't been watching recent New Japan that much (in fact only just got my NJPW World account today), but what I've seen has been entertaining.

7.) Who is your favorite wrestler today, and why?

Daniel Bryan. I have to admit I really wasn't a fan of him when he was in the indies, and even when the whole YES thing started I was kind of iffy on him (Me a few years ago: "what the gently caress kind of a catchphrase is YES?") but he completely won me over by being a fantastic wrestler and an entertaining personality. Seems like a decent guy outside the ring as well, which is also cool.

edit: I prufreed gud

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jan 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread