Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?
1.) What is professional wrestling to you? Answer this however you want!
Loosely choreographed combat drama.

2.) How long have you been a fan? Was there any defining moment that turned you into someone who became a habitual viewer?
Since about 1983 or 1984. I remember being about 4 or 5 when I first watched Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling with my older brothers. It was a lot of people yelling at each other, then kicking each others rear end. I was down with that.

3.) Who was your first favorite wrestler?
Dusty Rhodes, The Road Warriors, Magnum TA

4.) Have you ever fallen out of following this gay sport? If so, what time period was this? When did you get back into it - and what keeps you watching?
My watching habits have fluctuated over the years, but I've never completely stopped watching/following wrestling. It seems that wrestling is the kind of thing where there is a good chance of some crazy/funny/amazing poo poo going down, planned or accidental.

5.) What promotion was your favorite, alive or dead? What time period from that promotion did you like best?
I'd probably say Mid-Atlantic (Crockett). The best years were from about 1985-88. So many of my favorite memories come from that period: Rock 'n' Roll Express vs. The Midnight Express, Nikita Koloff vs. Magnum TA best of 7 for the US Title, Dusty vs. The 4 Horsemen, Boogie Woogie Man Jimmy Valiant vs. The Paul Jones Army (featuring a great heel turn by Manny Fernandez leading to the awesome tag team of him and Rick Rude), Steamboat vs. Flair, MULKEYMANIA!!!, and The Road Warriors killing the poo poo out of motherfuckers left and right.

6.) What promotions do you consider your favorites today? What particular things about each one do you enjoy?
Probably ROH, NXT and Lucha Underground

7.) Who is your favorite wrestler today, and why?
Sami Zayn. He seems to have a great instinct for how to make any match he's in look good. The Briscoes are a close second. They remind me of some of my friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread