Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
1.) What is professional wrestling to you? Answer this however you want!
Just like Hip-Hop, I viewed wrestling as a different form of storytelling... through hitting people in the face. There is nothing like a great match that tells a story and then a rematch that builds on the last one.

2.) How long have you been a fan? Was there any defining moment that turned you into someone who became a habitual viewer?
I became a fan around 1997-1998 when I started watching the first hour of WCW. I fell in love with the Cruiserweight Division at the time and also really liked many of the lower carders. I hated the NWO and the Main Event scene though and would refuse to watch it as it was boring as watching paint dry. What probably made me into a habitual viewer was watching the Chris Jericho vs Dean Malenko feud.. that was really great TV.

3.) Who was your first favorite wrestler?

4.) Have you ever fallen out of following this gay sport? If so, what time period was this? When did you get back into it - and what keeps you watching?
I stopped watching around 2005 right when it became the Triple H show. I liked Triple H but I did not like what was going on around the product at the time. When he started dominating everything it pretty much reminded me of WCW with Hogan but this time without the awesome under card so I quit watching. I would come back off and on to catch Smackdown during their various runs of putting on great shows but I didn't really come back around until about 2012 to check out this Daniel Bryan guy everyone was talking about. Then I promptly quit watching again once they started loving around with him to continue pushing the same old poo poo.

5.) What promotion was your favorite, alive or dead? What time period from that promotion did you like best?
WCW between 1997-1999 right before they started making GBS threads on everything.

6.) What promotions do you consider your favorites today? What particular things about each one do you enjoy?
PWG and NJPW. I like PWG for the fun and carefree nature wrestlers have there. Its like they will do whatever it takes to please that small crowd and I just do not understand it. NJPW just has really awesome matches with little fluff in-between and I really like that. The run ins are starting to get annoying but I understand that it's apart of the American heel stables gimmick and not something that the promotion itself is just doing for stupid reasons.

7.) Who is your favorite wrestler today, and why?
Tomohiro Ishii. I have no idea why I like this guy so much.. he's the little guy who takes poo poo from no one and I love it. A close second would be Minoru Suzuki who is the perfect heel in todays world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread