Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

1.) What is professional wrestling to you? Answer this however you want!
It's the most ridiculous, bizarre, gripping, emotionally crushing, jump out of your seat exciting form of fake sports that I know of. I do not know why, but in all my life no other sport has elicited such emotion from me. As a comic book nerd and bad movie enjoyer and all around general lover of most things low-brow, professional wrestler just has that certain aesthetic I really connect with. When I was younger, it was all about the characters and the storylines. Now, I mostly enjoy the athleticism of dudes and women almost killing themselves for my enjoyment and a trip to the pay window.

2.) How long have you been a fan? Was there any defining moment that turned you into someone who became a habitual viewer?
Probably since I was a kid. My first wrestling memory is watching Wrestlemania III in my living room which my dad has ordered from PPV. My two older brothers, two of my uncles, a couple cousins, all sitting in my tiny living room shouting at the tv while the wives sat in the kitchen and did whatever wives in the 1980's did. I was about 8 years old, and would watch whatever my dad would watch before that in that past like WCW (hated it) and WWF (hell yeah) broadcast stuff, but that PPV hooked me and made me a lifelong fan.

3.) Who was your first favorite wrestler?
First as a wee little mark? Ultimate Warrior.
When I got a little bit smarkier? Big Van Vader.
My forever and ever BFF wrestler until the end of time: Mick Foley as Cactus Jack

4.) Have you ever fallen out of following this gay sport? If so, what time period was this? When did you get back into it - and what keeps you watching?
Wrestling had peaked for me after about 1998. I was poo poo deep in college and getting hosed up and nailin' tail took precedence over finding out what the NWO was up to that week. :shrug: A few years later, I would watch RAW every now and then, but got into tape trading for weird deathmatch compilations and random japanese stuff. I stopped watching all together from 2004-2010. To be honest, I only started watching wrestling after I got married and bought a house back in 2012. My wife could give two shits about wrasslin'. What got me back into it was a dedicated DirectTV bill and catching ROH on tv one late night at the bar.

5.) What promotion was your favorite, alive or dead? What time period from that promotion did you like best?
ECW '95-'00.

6.) What promotions do you consider your favorites today? What particular things about each one do you enjoy?
Ring Of Honor: It's almost everything I could ask for when it comes to American professional wrestling. No drawn out ridiculous storylines, very little booking fuckery going on, and stiff as gently caress wrestling.

NJPW: poo poo's awesome. I don't know what more I can say about it.

WWE: Begrudgingly :colbert: It's like your old senile racist Grandpa. Sure, he says some pretty hateful things sometimes, and he'll poo poo the bed on a fairly regular basis, but goddamn it he's your Grandpa and he loves you and you should love him.

7.) Who is your favorite wrestler(s) today, and why?
WWE: Dean Ambrose, Luke Harper, Zayn, Balor
ROH: Jay Lethal, ACH, reDRagon
NJPW: Ishii, MiSu, Ibuki
NECW: Giant Pharaoh

Why? Because my wrestlers are better than your wrestlers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread