Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

1.) What is professional wrestling to you? Answer this however you want!

A truly unique form of performance art. It combines several other art forms like comedy, drama, improv, and stuntwork with its own unique form of the wrestling match which has its written and unwritten rules that can be manipulated in any number of ways to tell a story. I also love how it blends the real and the fake.

2.) How long have you been a fan? Was there any defining moment that turned you into someone who became a habitual viewer?

When I was a kid I was that little poo poo who would always go "you know wrestling is fake, right??" when my friends would talk about it. Then one day one of my friends went to a Nitro taping and asked if I would record it for him on my VCR. I did, and I ended up watching it for a bit. The first match was a 6 man tag with the luchadores (I remember Psicosis and La Parka were involved) and it blew me away. The only wrestling I had seen before was a couple 80s Hogan matches so I didn't know wrestling could be like that.

3.) Who was your first favorite wrestler?

Sting. It was the 90s and I was in middle school. Luckily I eventually found RAW and he was quickly replaced by Austin.

4.) Have you ever fallen out of following this gay sport? If so, what time period was this? When did you get back into it - and what keeps you watching?

I fell out around the start of the invasion. Then I picked it up again from 04-06 cause a couple of my college buddies watched it. After that I discovered MMA and got hugely hooked on that so I didn't pick wrestling back up until early 2014 when I kept hearing about the drama surrounding Punk leaving and Batista winning the rumble.

5.) What promotion was your favorite, alive or dead? What time period from that promotion did you like best?

Attitude era WWE. Had a lot of good times watching it with my dad.

6.) What promotions do you consider your favorites today? What particular things about each one do you enjoy?

NXT is exactly what I want wrestling to be. The focus is on the matches and the belts, the ringwork is fantastic, people put effort into their characters, the booking makes sense, I never feel like they are insulting my intelligence. I look forward to the Takeover specials more than any UFC or WWE PPV right now. I probably would have let my network subscription end after HiaC if it wasn't for NXT.

Also New Japan and some of the indies look appealing to me but I just don't have the time to follow that many promotions.

7.) Who is your favorite wrestler today, and why?

Sami Zayn. He's the complete opposite of what I usually like in a character, but it only took him about a month and a half to win me over. Him winning the belt at [R]evolution is one of my all time favorite wrestling moments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Roland Barthes wrote an analysis of wrestling in 1957 that's pretty interesting. You can read it here.

• Locked thread