Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
1.) What is professional wrestling to you? Answer this however you want!
Getting emotionally invested in something that lets me forget that it's worked. I especially like the psychology of "competitive" wrestling, where you get the sense that it's a serious competitive match between two athletes.

2.) How long have you been a fan? Was there any defining moment that turned you into someone who became a habitual viewer?
Since the mid 1980s. I probably watched my tape of AWA SuperClash a ton. The thing that really got me watching was probably Hogan losing to Undertaker, which was shocking at the time.

3.) Who was your first favorite wrestler?
Davey Boy Smith, actually. I really liked the Big Boss Man, too.

4.) Have you ever fallen out of following this gay sport? If so, what time period was this? When did you get back into it - and what keeps you watching?
Over and over. The product just gets stale after a while. Even if it's good, it's just too much content to take in with no break.

I keep coming back because I want to like it. When wrestling is done well, it's amazing stuff. I think the PG era has really hurt my interest, because it's already hard to admit to people that you like wrestling. Stuff like midgets in animal suits is just embarrassingly bad.

5.) What promotion was your favorite, alive or dead? What time period from that promotion did you like best?
I guess I've always been a WWF kid, and early '96 was a fun time for me. I also really loved the Hart Foundation vs. Austin wars.

6.) What promotions do you consider your favorites today? What particular things about each one do you enjoy?
I occasionally watch WWE, but it's really frustrating. Seth Rollins, Antonio Cesaro, and Bryan Danielson are the only reasons I watch.

7.) Who is your favorite wrestler today, and why?
Probably Seth Rollins at the moment. He's just doing everything right. I would say Wade Barrett, if he was doing anything worthwhile or interesting. I hate the Bad News character.

Red fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jan 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread