Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psychlone
Sep 3, 2004

It's never straight up and down!
1.) What is professional wrestling to you? Answer this however you want!

I've always been drawn to it as entertainment. I'm not a sports kind of a person, save for hockey. When people ask me why I would like something so fake, I always say that movies and TV are fake, but everyone watches it anyway. That they can pull off athletic feats live and still pull of a sense of realism (most of the time) is pretty amazing in my eyes. That being said, I've always been drawn to wrestlers who were more entertainers than athletes.

2.) How long have you been a fan? Was there any defining moment that turned you into someone who became a habitual viewer?

About 1982-3 I started watching. I watched Stampede Wrestling and WWE Superstars back to back on TV. I started watching because a friend of mine watched, then it became a habit for me. He stopped watching, I continued to watch.

3.) Who was your first favorite wrestler?

The Hart Family on Stampede, Bret Hart and the Dynamite Kid mostly. Then Owen Hart. I loved Makhan Singh too.

4.) Have you ever fallen out of following this gay sport? If so, what time period was this? When did you get back into it - and what keeps you watching?

When i went to university in 1989, I stopped watching because I didn't have cable. Took me a few years to start watching again, maybe around 1991? I started watching WWE again around when Saba Simba was around and trying to figure out who he was.

5.) What promotion was your favorite, alive or dead? What time period from that promotion did you like best?

Stampede, by far. I remember watching WWE after Stampede and thinking WWE was the bush leagues because Hulk Hogan couldn't even wrestle! The days after Bret, Davey Boy and Dynamite jumped to WWE are probably my favourite, when Owen Hart was becoming a huge star in Calgary. There were a lot of up and comers around Stampede that I loved watching too, like Steve DiSalvo, Brian Pillman and Larry Cameron.

6.) What promotions do you consider your favorites today? What particular things about each one do you enjoy?

I watch WWE almost exclusively now. I've tried TNA, but it's mostly Russo era WCW to me. I've watched indies too, but I don't go for the flippy, athletic style. I like my meat and potatoes style wrestlers. Some Japanese stuff too, but I find a lot of it too spot oriented.

7.) Who is your favorite wrestler today, and why?

I love Damien Mizdow and the Miz right now. Chris Jericho. Brock Lesnar. Kane. Bray Wyatt. John Cena when he's not in "superman-overcome-the-odds" mode. Lesnar I love watching the most. He's a human wrecking machine, entirely believable he could take off your head if he wanted to, all work, no flash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread