Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*
1.) What is professional wrestling to you? Answer this however you want!

Hard for me to distill it into a sentence or two. It's absurd that it even exists but I think it's great. It's silly and fun and cool.

2.) How long have you been a fan? Was there any defining moment that turned you into someone who became a habitual viewer?

Off and on since about 1990. Became a habitual viewer at Survivor Series '98, final match between Rock and Mankind. I didn't realize at the time that it was a rehashed storyline, because I wasn't watching in '97.

3.) Who was your first favorite wrestler?

Ultimate Warrior. I remember also loving Brutus Beefcake which is even more embarrassing in retrospect. I liked all the guys that wore neon stuff. Also big into the Steiners.

4.) Have you ever fallen out of following this gay sport? If so, what time period was this? When did you get back into it - and what keeps you watching?

I stopped watching in the early 90's until I walked into my living room and my brother was watching Survivor Series '98. I was intrigued by Mankind. I watched from then until 2003, then watched very sparingly until 2010, specifically the first season of NXT. I've been watching pretty consistently since then, mainly because of guys like Bryan, Cesaro, the Shield and Ziggler.

5.) What promotion was your favorite, alive or dead? What time period from that promotion did you like best?

I'm really nostalgic for late 80's-early 90's WWF. I also have fond memories of early 90's WCW and NWO-era WCW.

6.) What promotions do you consider your favorites today? What particular things about each one do you enjoy?

WWE and NJPW. New Japan is much more coherent with storylines and sustained pushes. I like WWE's production values and video packages.

7.) Who is your favorite wrestler today, and why?

If I have to name just one, it's Daniel Bryan. I would like to mention Ambrose, Rollins, Cesaro and about half of NXT from WWE, and Nakamura, Ishii and Goto from NJPW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread