Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Thauros posted:

1.) What is professional wrestling to you? Answer this however you want!
Pro-graps is a weekly stunt/variety show, the equivalent of a Globetrotters game, where I get to see physical specimens do some bad acting and then hurl themselves off of stuff into people. Stuntmen and actors being athletes.

quote:

2.) How long have you been a fan? Was there any defining moment that turned you into someone who became a habitual viewer?
I've been an actual fan since my first year in college when my roommate had a cable de-scrambler and I got to see the Rumble where Austin dived through the second rope to whoop Mr. MacMahon's rear end and then ran out of the ring, came back and won it all after re-entering. Ironically, I never really liked Austin (just some redneck trailer-trash) and was in love with The Rock (my mom being a professor at UM didn't hurt)

quote:

3.) Who was your first favorite wrestler?
Not gonna lie, I'm a Kaininite. When he was just a monster wrecking fools, he was awesome. And then, as both he and I matured, I appreciated him even more for being the biggest company man and doing stuff like the Lita/Snitsky angle and then Team Hell No. He seems to know exactly how goofy all this is, and is having fun most of the time.

quote:

4.) Have you ever fallen out of following this gay sport? If so, what time period was this? When did you get back into it - and what keeps you watching?
from maybe 2001-2004 I didn't watch any wrestling, mostly because I was doing lots of drugs and working hospitality all evening and TiVo didn't exist yet.

quote:

5.) What promotion was your favorite, alive or dead? What time period from that promotion did you like best?
I loved me some ECW on The Nashville Network back in the day. ECW was the sort of controlled chaos and spotmonkey heroics that were everything I wanted in a show.

quote:

6.) What promotions do you consider your favorites today? What particular things about each one do you enjoy?
I really hate WWE, but it's the only thing I can reliably, easily watch and talk about with others. I wish there was some sort of competition because I'd jump ship pretty loving fast.

quote:

7.) Who is your favorite wrestler today, and why?
CM Punk. Wait, active wrestler? poo poo. Uhh.... Probably Daniel Bryan, by dint of him not being on TV to ruin the last 8 months. I also think a lot of comedy midcarders are awesome and love their segments, especially when they get more than a few seconds to actually have characters (Adam Rose as Jim Jones, Stardust, Rufus "Pancake" Patterson... see also Kaininite reference above)

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jan 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread