Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bring Back Noid
Sep 16, 2005

1.) What is professional wrestling to you? Answer this however you want!

Professional wrestling is an insane fantasyland where larger than life heroes come alive and beat each other in shows of athletic prowess in a format that you can't quite find anywhere else. It scratches a specific itch that nothing else really can.

2.) How long have you been a fan? Was there any defining moment that turned you into someone who became a habitual viewer?

Been a fan since age 5. My uncle watched constantly, and I did as well. Oddly enough, it was the Hogan heel turn in WCW that made me start actively watching it myself.

3.) Who was your first favorite wrestler?

That I can think of, the Legion of Doom.

4.) Have you ever fallen out of following this gay sport? If so, what time period was this? When did you get back into it - and what keeps you watching?

After late 2004, through about early 2008 I had all but stopped watching, because WWE was just... I don't know. It just didn't click with me. Would always get together with friends for the Rumble and Wrestlemania, but other than that, nada. I'm pretty much there today as well with WWE. I haven't watched RAW in a long while, and as a result kinda had a falling out with wrestling as a whole. NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 9 and NXT [R]Evolution have rejuvinated my interest, but I still won't be watching RAW. I'll catch up on what's going on thru Meltzer and these very forums! (thanks guys)

5.) What promotion was your favorite, alive or dead? What time period from that promotion did you like best?

I'll say I didn't really have a favorite growing up, but I tended to be more entertained by WCW, although impressionable teenage me was influenced heavily by the raunchy gimmick poo poo angles from WWF in the late 90s, but I do remember the actual matches in WCW being a lot better.

6.) What promotions do you consider your favorites today? What particular things about each one do you enjoy?

If we can consider NXT to be its own promotion even though it shares talent with WWE, it and NJPW.

Their booking ideals are just simple, and make sense. That's honestly all it takes. They have excellent talent (but so does WWE), sure, but everything they do isn't complicated, over-the-top, and not believable. NJPW even moreso.

I like the idea that NJPW (and Japan in general) treat wrestling more as a sport whilst retaining the pageantry that really embodies what I love about wrestling. It doesn't go too awful far with that, like stuff which Evolve promoted at first (dunno if this is still a thing, with the points system and all that stuff). Just straddles the line perfectly for me.

7.) Who is your favorite wrestler today, and why?

Shinsuke Nakamura. You simply just can't recreate his kind of charisma. I don't know what else to say about it. He's completely his own.

If I have to stick to America, it's Ambrose, because he has the potential to have that same factor that I attribute to Nakamura, if only left to his own devices and loving booked well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread