Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
1.) What is professional wrestling to you? Answer this however you want!
Professional wrestling is a morality play with colorful characters and athleticism. It's nice to see a bad guy eventually get what's coming to him and the good guy triumph in the end. That's actually what makes today's WWE so hard to watch for me, because The Authority is always booked to be smarter and cooler and one step ahead of everyone else.

2.) How long have you been a fan? Was there any defining moment that turned you into someone who became a habitual viewer?
Since 1991. I can't think of a specific moment, to be honest, I just started watching Superstars because a friend of mine was into it.

3.) Who was your first favorite wrestler?
Hulk Hogan

4.) Have you ever fallen out of following this gay sport? If so, what time period was this? When did you get back into it - and what keeps you watching?
Not really. Today's product is really tough for me to take, but I stay on top of things through the internet, and the pay per views are usually good enough to keep me interested.

Also, I didn't feel this way at the time, being 15 and all, but going back and watching some of the Attitude Era stuff is REALLY uncomfortable.

5.) What promotion was your favorite, alive or dead? What time period from that promotion did you like best?
WWE, 1992. The Savage/Flair feud, Bret Hart's rise to the top, HBK coming into his own as a singles performer, that's the stuff that got me hooked for good.

6.) What promotions do you consider your favorites today? What particular things about each one do you enjoy?
I really only watch WWE anymore, I don't have time to track down indy/Japan stuff. As bad is the TV product is, I really don't think that the in-ring product has ever been as consistently good as it is now, which goes a long way with me.

7.) Who is your favorite wrestler today, and why?
Daniel Bryan, because he's the underdog who never quits, and he's one of the few guys today who really makes it seem like he cares about winning or losing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread