Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

1.) What is professional wrestling to you? Answer this however you want!

Theater made by crazy people about a fictional sport. And since everyone in this industry is insane, the behind the scenes stories that come out of all the insiders or Big Dave's keyboard are just as much of it as what comes on the TV.

2.) How long have you been a fan? Was there any defining moment that turned you into someone who became a habitual viewer?

Steve Austin in the run up to Mania 15. I could never convince my parents to buy the PPVs but I watched every minute of Steve Austin (or Steam Boston as I called him when I was 8) stunning Vince and shooting beer at him and everything. I didn't care about wrestling, I just wanted to see Austin beat people up or Kane light people on fire or Mick Foley get thrown through things.

3.) Who was your first favorite wrestler?

4.) Have you ever fallen out of following this gay sport? If so, what time period was this? When did you get back into it - and what keeps you watching?

I stopped watching totally between like 2002 and 2014 because without WCW everything just seemed worse and low effort. Also the Invasion :barf:

5.) What promotion was your favorite, alive or dead? What time period from that promotion did you like best?

Attitude era WWF because I have no taste. I only remember watching WCW once, because my dad got me one of the Playstation games out of the bargain bin. It was February 1, 1999, the Eric Bischoff dunk tank episode. It was the stupidest thing I had ever seen and I never watched another episode. I also only played as Último Dragón in the game because his promo video when you pressed triangle was in Japanese so he was the coolest. I never saw ECW.

6.) What promotions do you consider your favorites today? What particular things about each one do you enjoy?

I only get around to seeing WWE because they have a weekly television show that isn't on at 1am on a Saturday. If I remember ROH is on I watch that too. WWE has the familiar characters and soap opera stuff that's fun to argue about online but ROH matches are way better. I rarely see PWG or anything else but I did see Wrestle Kingdom 9 and thought it blew everything else out of the water so I'll have to start watching more NJPW.

7.) Who is your favorite wrestler today, and why?

Until he became a farm, Daniel Bryan. I found Botchamania on the Internet, thought it was hilarious, and remembered it was Monday so there would be wrestling on. I turned on Raw and it was Daniel Bryan kicking Bray Wyatt's rear end in a cage. No idea who either one of them was but it sucked me back in. Now probably Dean Ambrose since he's an ex-deathmatch guy who can psychologize circles around half the roster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread