Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mannie Fresh
Jul 2, 2006
1.) What is professional wrestling to you?

Professional wrestling to me is at it's peak what unscripted sports try to be. The compelling story and journey of someone who wants to be at the top of their field and stay there through the odds is always what wrestling has been to me (Having grown up on WWF/WWE does this do youd).

2.) How long have you been a fan? Was there any defining moment that turned you into someone who became a habitual viewer?

It was always around for me due to the period of time I started to make my own programming choices (1997-1999), but I probably became a big fan the first time around during the Wrestlemania 15 build. Rock/Austin was one of the first matches I can remember wanting to see like no other, because I wanted to see Rock get his rear end kicked for screwing Mankind out of the title. I still hate Corporate Rock to this day.

3.) Who was your first favorite wrestler?

Stone Cold Steve Austin was pretty much everything me as an undersized 12 year old offensive lineman wanted to be in life. I just wanted to kick rear end and have a nice cold beverage after kicking said rear end.

4.) Have you ever fallen out of following this gay sport? If so, what time period was this? When did you get back into it - and what keeps you watching?

Once I got into high school in 2003 there was a period of time I didn't have cable so I naturally lost nearly all exposure to wrestling. I started getting back into in around Money in the Bank 2011 and became a full time fan again during the run of The Shield. I honestly keep watching for moments like Wrestlemania XXX for Daniel Bryan, it doesn't happen all the time, but when a wrestling storyline is executed right almost nothing is better in mass media.

5.) What promotion was your favorite, alive or dead? What time period from that promotion did you like best?

I was raised as a WWF kid and thought WCW was dreck when I grew up. Wrestlemania 2000 - Wrestlemania X-Seven was one of my favorite things I've ever seen.

6.) What promotions do you consider your favorites today? What particular things about each one do you enjoy?

PWG has the most fun matches. ROH probably has the most consistent storytelling in American promotions, but when WWE decides to do a story properly, they consistently make everyone look like amateurs though.

7.) Who is your favorite wrestler today, and why?

Adam Cole, because he is the best, is an insanely entertaining in-ring worker and promo, and will probably have every belt from every active promotion at some point in his career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread