Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I liked the writers workshop scene a lot. Hannah getting uncomfortable with getting called out for being too much like her awful character is fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

Like, no joke, that workshop scene wasn't even exaggeration.

drat, people really get that rough? I figured it was an exaggeration to give them an excuse to have Hannah face a lot of the criticisms that Lena faces.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Pretty good episode last night. Marnie stood up for herself, and Jessa finally got told off in a way that seemed to actually hurt her. Hannah ... uh ... well that sure was something I guess.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Not if they compliment her, but she did shake off a barrage of "oh, you're so pretty" to put her foot down with that douchebag.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

evobatman posted:

I think this might have been one of the best episodes. Absolutely everyone was incredibly selfish, irrational and horrible to everyone else all the time.

Except for Ray. I want a lot more Ray fighting the Man in the next episode.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
If Lena Dunham had an endpoint set already (like saying "OK, show's going five seasons and that's it), I wouldn't mind Hannah making very slow progress on getting her poo poo together. People don't just change overnight; usually life has to kick them repeatedly.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sub Rosa posted:

And here I had been watching this season swearing this was last because both it and the Newsroom had been renewed for final seasons, but nope, already renewed for a fifth season. Why? This show doesn't have 1/100th of the buzz it had the first season. I don't think I have the stamina for another season and a half. I think I'm done. I'm leaving you, too, Hannah.

I couldn't see how this would be the arc of the final season unless they're working toward a triumphant quintuple-murder-suicide by Ray.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Really funny episode. Marnie and what'shisname getting in a fight over the dumbest possible poo poo, Elijah's list of jobs Hannah could hold, Ray throwing the local government into disarray.

I coulda done with less of Adam being an angry weirdo though.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Fran's slow realization was pretty funny. Also, I now hate Mimi-Rose.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Thought Elijah was gonna bang Hannah's dad for a second there.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Very good finale. Ray crushing Desi was beautiful. Though I don't know that Marnie killing an important set on her own felt earned for her, they spun it really well and turned it into more of a win for Ray in that his perception of the world was mostly correct.

Coulda done with less of the birth going wrong, Jessa coming in, taking control and forcing them to a hospital immediately and then later they find out it was a breach would have worked better. I mean, Jesus, it was a month and a half early. Adam should have dragged her out of the tub as soon as he got there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

quote:

Sooo, did it explain how Fran forgot about what a manipulative nutjob Hannah is or...?

If all we got is the "hand on the back/god she's a mess I feel bad for her" scene, then yeesh that's some rough reasoning on his part. Hannah is nowhere near charming enough to make him forget how awkward the art show was.

If he's willing to date her after all that, he's probably damaged in ways that have yet to be revealed.

• Locked thread