Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
I always try to throw this out in these threads, though I don't have the time to keep up with them, but I write about esports for the Daily Dot and Lolesports. If anybody has questions or wants to work in the industry but doesn't know how, feel free to drop me a line. I've stepped a little bit away from LoL this year but am still keeping close tabs on it, and since Riot has me on contract it's pretty easy to get answers to any random questions y'all might have, if any.

Also I can invite people to the Competitive League Chat Skype Group (currently named saved on my client as "XDG Banner Bearers") where people can talk about games happening, share news, and make Teemo jokes. Just poke me there (Frgrbrgr or just search for Ferguson Mitchell) and say you want in the league goon chat and I'll add ya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Sexpansion posted:

http://www.dailydot.com/esports/alphadraft-seed-venture-capital/

David Stern jumping into e-sports (even if it's just at an investment level) is pretty weird and hilarious.

Hey! I wrote that :)

Also, a little more info on that, it seems to be his first major public investment since retiring, pretty cool. AlphaDraft has some smart people, based on the few times I've interacted with them. Growing fast, lots of potential. Only time will tell if the market can support this much VC but it's not our problem if it can't so

• Locked thread