Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Freaksaus posted:

When the league is filled up you can start a draft. This requires everyone to be online at a certain time. The draft will put people in a list from 1 to 8, and go down the list and every person gets to pick a player/team. When it reaches the end it goes from 8 to 1 and so on until everyone has a complete team.

The hardest part is always getting 8 people online at the same time to do the actual draft.

I joined it as All Sun No Dairy but being online at the right time sounds like a nightmare, why do they need everyone online at once when drafting is done in turns?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Asema posted:

should have said no, who proposes at a league lcs event

The kind of person who pays to watch it in person when there's streams going? She was there too so clearly they are both nerds.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Doublelift was 47.48, it didn't update yet for the second game on that one I guess.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jerkface posted:

I think Santorin is probably a decent prospect, and might develop into a top class jungler, but I think its more likely TSM goes full Yankees and dumps him for a big talent around summer split. Maybe Meteos when C9 disbands.

Is Meteos really an upgrade? I feel like it's been a while since there was a game where I really went "Yeah Meteos kicked rear end!" like it used to be back in earlier seasons.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

AdjectiveNoun posted:

It's definitely something both Riot and IEM have been more wary of showing ever since Diamond had that outburst in Season 2.

Wait, what? I don't remember this, what'd he do?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

CODChimera posted:

Why doesn't he just say stun instead?

Why do people call Wraith Collar/Twin Shadows "spooky ghosts"? Why would anyone make up a nickname for anything I don't understand.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Schiavona posted:

I'm pretty sure that something in the actual code of the game for the item is called "spooky ghosts" and that's where it came from?

It's still just a nickname for it, regardless of origin.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Flipswitch posted:

That line was even in our very own SA thread believe it or not!

Although it does kind of blow my mind that Riot have stated they've struggled to balance resourceless champions and transforming champions in the past so they release two back to back with Gnar & Rek'Sai. That's counting tunneling as a transformation as it sort of is.

Gnar was actually the solution and I think it works fine; the problem with transforming champs is that it let them do a seven skill rotation every trade and they can always get whatever they need. Gnar being unable to control his transformation means he can't always have the tools he wants (you can't harass with with little forever, you can't bring the CC of big forever) and has to play around that.

Rek'sai though, I have no idea. I guess pre-3 she doesn't really have half her kit so that's a handicap but past that...

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Kaidyn posted:

But watching players that actually know how to play Gnar, like in the LPL, they can get MegaGnar almost every 2 minutes and are probably in Mega for as long as they are in normal Gnar? So what's the downside? Players actually good with him have Mega for every single team fight, I'm failing to see the balance.

Because it means they can't do big Gnar Q, big Gnar jump, stun you, ult you, and then switch to little to boomerang you, proc W, and bounce away. Being in big Gnar all the time isn't a transforming champion, it's a champion with one form that's powerful. That'd be like saying Riven players always have ult up for teamfights.

E: Compare it to Jayce doing gate + shock blast + hyper charge, and then immediately transforming and using to the skies, static field, and knocking you away. That's the balance problem of transforming champions they don't like.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
What's up with the stats tab? It doesn't seem to be updating today.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Aumanor posted:

Riot didn't nerf Zed NEARLY hard enough. Seriously on a ten-point scale from 1 to Zed the second champion most miserable to play against in this game is at six at most.

This is the patch before the nerfs, he'd probably have a harder time doing that splitpush stuff on 5.2

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yessss pr0lly on cam. Too bad he's being serious.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

gnar isn't even good anymore.

Actually, Gnar Is Good, Hope This Helps.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That was some solo queue poo poo, j4 engages way ahead of his team while they're still breaking the tower.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
lmao a base race really?

e: somehow that worked

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
how the hell did sk steal that baron

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Yukari posted:

I think they said that blitz passive stole it.

No, sven smited it, I'm just not sure how he got in range.

E: Like I saw kennen go in with the team behind and suddenly a smite happened even though it looked like sven was outside the pit?

Taciturn Tactician fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jan 30, 2015

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
So I guess the enemy can't see the leash when they don't have vision on both players, then.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Speaking of seeing, is it just me or C9 really losing out vision wise this game? Meteos has walked through like 500 wards

E: here comes the hurricane :getin:

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
New rule: Don't fuckin let Sneaky get Kalista.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
God drat, Sneaky's Kalista. He 1v2'd Ahri and Gnar at the end there and dodged everything :stare:

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Is anyone else having a bug where the reply box isn't showing up for fantasy leagues?

E: Yeah there's a broken script relating to it. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

Taciturn Tactician fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Feb 1, 2015

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Che Delilas posted:

Ah hahaha. He says "up up up up" to be picked up! Just like a toddler! :3: :3: :3:

That's kind of adorable, and pretty fitting since he's on Annie.

e:
oh my god

Taciturn Tactician fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Feb 1, 2015

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Let's see if Doublelift's hashtag Vayne mechanics transfer to Kalista.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That hook, god drat.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Now we just need to see the threshgot in competitive.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
When does Imagine replace Gleeb again? Next week?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Libertine posted:

Piglet was getting chunked by Sneaky because he wasn't running masteries. It's hard to say anything definitive about that game given that.

Uh, what? I don't think 30 health and 2 flat damage reduction would have stopped sneaky knocking 60% of his health off in one trade. It might have stopped him trading back well, maybe, but adc masteries don't mitigate much damage.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

CODChimera posted:

I'm sure that if he had masteries then he would've played differently.

Except he apparently didn't notice until after the match.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

CODChimera posted:

Oh really? Where did you see that?

I would've assumed he'd notice early on when trying to CS.

I mean, I don't know for sure, but he didn't communicate it to any officials as said earlier in the thread, and the screenshot on his tweet is him after another game, presumably solo-queue, and him checking the match details of C9 vs Liquid online. Presumably he was reviewing it to check something and noticed then. Otherwise I can't imagine why he'd play a soloqueue game before tweeting it.

E: he tweets "sorry" right after the game, and then four hours later "omg" and then "omg my masteries were 0/0/0"

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwx8Voq373A

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

mistaya posted:

I've been thinking about C9 since they've always been my favorite team even when they're struggling (gently caress ya'll nobody needs to get replaced, their team synergy is what makes them C9.) I think what's happened is that C9 has always relied on their much stronger TEAMPLAY which has really leveled up in NA over the last couple splits so their primary advantage is starting to erode out from under them. Hai keeps trying to play these flashy playmaker assassins when what he needs to do is be playing safe, waveclear utility mages. Hai is never going to style on Bjergson or even Pobelter and he needs to accept that and play something for his team.

Sneaky is the only one on C9 who's got All-star potential. He DOES have it, and C9 needs to plan around that instead of forcing SNEAKY to play the safe, waveclear marksman so that Hai can flounder on loving Leblanc. Put Sneaky on a bully and trust Lemon in the 2v2, stop laneswapping Sneaky, it makes him irrelevant for the first ten minutes and he's your best player.

I'm not sure about that. Sneaky is an excellent marksman, but C9 is very good at laneswaps, and consistently is getting ahead by 800+ gold on pure farm advantage early. I agree that Hai needs to play utility mages and focus on shotcalling, but even if Sneaky might win 2v2s I'm not convinced he'd win hard enough to outweigh the advantage C9 manages to pull from laneswap plays.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Disinterested posted:

Meteos has a massive body of good recent work. Bengi has basically been poo poo apart from one or two games for ages.

FWIW Meteos looks like he's bad at Rek'Sai and that's a hell of a liability on this patch. When he got her he was totally ineffectual at using sonar. Other than that, who knows? C9's been looking so bad team-wise it's hard to pin down Meteos playing well.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Woolite dodges holy poo poo

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Remember how good M5 used to be? Jesus.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Lightning Knight posted:

I was just about to come and post about this article. In fariness to him, he seems to acknowledge that he was an over the top dick:

And most reports now seem to indicate he's now more of a "I'm the best and I know it" kind of dude than a "gently caress you, you suck" kind of guy. Seems like he's gotten to a reasonable, if not necessarily perfect or ideal point, and with how phenomenal he and SK has looked (and how bad most of EU is otherwise) he probably deserves to be a little full of himself.

Edit: Especially since last year he was apparently the most toxic and most reported LCS player in the League, that's a pretty significant improvement.

Uhhh, actually what that says is "I don't believe I did anything wrong but Riot gets to make the rules and I should have obeyed them even if they're dumb" and "I know me breaking the rules made me a liability." There's basically nothing in there that translates to him feeling bad about his actual actions at all, just him realizing that he was shooting himself in the foot.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Lightning Knight posted:

"I agree with players as role models" and "I don't believe I did anything wrong" aren't the same things, and most of his recent activity - for example, his opinion on Rekkles and Tabbz he posted online - has been by most accounts constructive and reasonable. Given that we haven't heard anything about him being toxic recently - and he got fined for being toxic above and beyond others and ignoring initial orders to stop, so we would've heard about it if he was back at it again - I'm inclined to believe that he's gotten at least nominally better. Better isn't the same as being good and he's probably still a jerk compared to other players who are more chill, but he doesn't seem to be near the level of "most reported/toxic in the entire LCS" which is improvement.

Edit: And he's still way ahead of Svenskaren, AKA the openly racist player who got in trouble and probably cost SK a chance to get out of groups last Worlds. I honestly think they should've benched him for that, cause that is absolutely unacceptable and shouldn't be allowed. Compared to that "is a big dick" is kind of whatever.

Okay you know that he can't come out and say "I'm not actually sorry" right? Like he has to bullshit a little bit or Riot will get mad. Based on what he says there, I do not believe he has gotten any nicer, just that he's gotten smarter. He's not toxic anymore because it had negative consequences for him, not because he suddenly feels bad about calling people worthless in solo queue. If he was actually sorry he might like, mention something about it, not milquetoast "I don't think it was unjustified" stuff.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I missed the last game, did C9 actually look good or just hit an underhand pitch from a pitcher with a broken arm?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

henkman posted:

"Ahri is really strong right now and if you're not planning to first pick it you're better off banning it away"

hmmmm

Casters don't seem to be obliged to act like the game is balanced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It's never going to stop being funny to me that Liquid was absolute top of the league with KEITHMCBRIEF and now that piglet has been brought in they're like middle of the league. Also Keith still has the most fantasy points per game of anyone in the league, it's not even close. :allears:

• Locked thread