Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
I'm also up for high stakes fantasy league if there's room, or will run another league (high stakes or not) myself if the first one is full :p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Invalid Validation posted:

Can subs be in different roles or do they have to lock them into specific ones? Might be a dumb question.

I remember a European player called WhiteKnight playing both mid and ADC in Season 3 Summer.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Obscurity posted:

I am making a prize-league. Draft will be either Fri or Sat if we fill fast enough. I'm off both days so any time that works will be fine. Winner gets a mystery skin bought for them by all other people.

Please only sign up if you can 100% commit to the prize.

League name: Megling Genocide
Link: http://fantasy.lolesports.com/share/join/league/497883/CF7Wt6dvOQkMPs7Hab5k

Joined up as Aziriously Biznasty

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
I'd prefer Friday - I work until around midday MST on Saturdays

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
8 PM EST which day?

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
OMG are my boys, for being an elite team of only Chinese players, no Korean imports at all. They're like the C9 of China and I want them to win everything (Plus Gogoing's jaw is so drat manly), but EDG, LGD and iG look really goddamn scary. I also want Vici Gaming to do well, if only for Vasili, and I'm surprised they've done so poorly so far. The other teams I know very little about/care very little about.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Yeah, Fenix and Piglet at the very least were confirmed on Saint's stream to be missing week 1 of LCS, so if you have those guys in your fantasy team, you should probably sub them out for this week at least.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Isn't Spirit on WE?

And Beast's Nunu is a joy to watch.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Luna Was Here posted:

someone from goonskype should post/pm me my autodraft

Will do. What's your LoL username?

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Don't you mean "Poor VG, who had to go up against SuperOMG and EDG for their first two sets"?

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Would anyone be interested in a four-person Fantasy league? Just to see the dynamics of a much more open player pool? Draft today or tomorrow (so we make it for Week 1) at, let's say 10 PM EST?

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Allyn posted:

S5 worlds to be held in Europe (as I think we all expected), multiple cities: http://na.lolesports.com/articles/worlds-2015-be-held-europe

I expected it to be in China, actually, so that's surprising.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Elements - Fnatic
Giants Gaming - Meet Your Makers
Copenhagen Wolves - H2K
SK Gaming - Roccat
Gambit Gaming - Unicorns of Love

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Flipswitch posted:

Is forgotten about this, who are the other casters?

Deficio, PiraTechnics (From the LPL English stream before Riot made their own) and Krepo as an analyst.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Flipswitch posted:

Great, thanks all.

Good lord at POE then, that guy doesn't give two fucks.

E: 3/11 Wickd. UHHH

Honestly, Wickd didn't do awfully that game, aside from being overaggressive when he didn't know where Rengar was. The bigger problems were that A: Shook was invisible and built full armour against a double-AP team and B: Froggen and Rekkles would back out immediately as a fight started. Elements has bigger problems than Wickd, honestly.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Flameingblack posted:

Who's ready to see the Daniel Bryan of ESports to beat the John Cena of Esports?

Cloud9 vs TSM
Coast vs Dignitas
Winterfox (Evil Genius) vs Gravity (Curse Academy)
Team Impulse (LMQ) vs Team Liquid (Team Curse) [They're apparently playing with two subs]
CLG vs Team8

btw, HTC is sponsoring Team Liquid too, they seem to be an all-around sponsor.

I agree with all of these except Liquid vs Impulse. Impulse also has a sub, for Impact IIRC, and I believe in Liquid's non-Koreans. Winterfox vs Gravity could go either way too, due to Winterfox's subs.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Freaksaus posted:

Today's games:

Dignitas - Team Impulse
Coast - Winterfox
Team Liquid - CLG
C9 - Gravity
Team8 - TSM

Yeah agree with all of this

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

How Rude posted:

It's annoying having 3 pages of posts about your fantasy teams when a lot of us are not involved at all so I vote for a split

Welcome to life in literally any other thread, where people ramble about bullshit you don't care about.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Y'all are blowing this way out of proportion; exactly like the people who thought Summer Split was the end of C9. They'll pick up by playoffs, and while neither first or second place is guaranteed for them, they're still going to be top 3.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Jonny Angel posted:

Not just! My boys Invictus over in China were 6-0 until they got swept by the 0-6 Vici this weekend.

And let's not forget the preseason in Korea and how CJ Entus fared in that, compared to how they've done so far in the regular season.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

CODChimera posted:

Just wait until C9 win a game, everyone here will change their tune pretty quickly.

It'll be pretty funny to watch the reactions, yeah.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
The Imp-Piglet feud was loving amazing, and I can't wait for Pork Special to style on Adrian Apollo repeatedly.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Badfinger posted:

I didn't even think about that. Cross-team messages aren't permitted, are they?

I think they're allowed, but not usually shown. I remember them showing the Poro King showmatch allchat until someone said "lol stop being gay" or something, and I know at IEM Cologne (or was it Hamburg?) last year, during Fnatic vs. CLG, Deman read out an all-chat message from Xpeke joking about "Best AD down" when Doublelift got ganked and killed.

It's definitely something both Riot and IEM have been more wary of showing ever since Diamond had that outburst in Season 2.

Flameingblack posted:

Lustboy is making fun of Piglet now, he's my favorite troll.

What's he saying?

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Wait, what? I don't remember this, what'd he do?

I'd forgotten Alex Ich got in on it as well.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Ihki posted:

YoungBuck looks like a promising contender for the European scene's Westrice award this split.

Does he currently have the Westrice award, or did someone else play worse last split?

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
GMB - FNC
Giants - H2K
Elements -Roccat
SK - UOL
MYM - CW who cares lol

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Cloud 9 vs CLG
Dignitas vs Winterfox
TSM vs Liquid
Team Impulse vs Team 8
Team Coast vs Gravity

Revenge of the Korean imports

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Transient People posted:

I refuse to believe such a brainfart could happen at the pro stage. That's an entirely new level of 'whoops', way beyond buying Boots 1 again when you have Boots 2.

Didn't HotshotGG do that once in S3? Or go into a match with no runes or something.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Remember Hai's Yasuo? He was absurd on that champ. I remember in the first C9 vs XDG match of S4 Spring, he was CONSTANTLY blocking Gragas Ults with Wind Wall like a half-second before they would detonate, and you could see Mancloud getting furious everytime he showed up on player cam, it was amazing.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Flameingblack posted:

Was it China or SEA that had a ban on Gays and people were going to boycott World Championships because of it.

(Male) Homosexuality is illegal in Singapore IIRC, but at least according to a friend I have who's Singaporean, it's one of those laws that's not enforced, but that nobody wants to remove because it will make all the crazies come out and start wailing about the moral fabric of the nation and no politician cares that much.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
And Gamers2 lost again, lol

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
What SKT should do is save Spirit from the hell he's found himself in in WE, and get him to replace Bengi. Spirit might not be the best jungler in the world, but he's really damned competent, and would instantly boost SKT heavily.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
H2K - SK
FNC - UOL
MYM - Elements
Roccat - Giants
CW - Gambit

EDIT: You know what? I'm gonna say the Unicorns will upset Fnatic. That will be today's upset.

AdjectiveNoun fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Feb 5, 2015

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Transient People posted:

Yeah, Forg1ven is the rear end in a top hat part of Team Racist Assholes, except he's a really entertaining one because he can back up his talk. I'm pretty sure his current KDA is the highest anybody has ever attained at any pointin a competitive split, including Faker and the rest of Korea.

He's not the only rear end in a top hat - Fredy122's pretty notorious for being toxic in SoloQ as well. Meanwhile Nrated is like, almost at Alex Ich or Krepo levels of being a nice guy, so I guess he kind of balances it out a little?

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
GV vs TIP
C9 vs T8
DIG vs TSM
TL vs CST
WFX vs CLG

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Surely competitive gaming isn't that much of a foreign concept, doesn't Japan have a strong presence in the fighting game scene?

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Freaksaus posted:

Damnit lolesports, I went to schedule, hit "Today" and that brings you to next week.

Guess I'll do this again:
C9 vs Coast
CLG vs Gravity
Liquid vs Dignitas
T8 vs Winterfox
TSM vs Impulse

I agree with all these picks

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Savage Cracker posted:

Both finalists go home knowing their jungler is Bengi.

SKT only has themselves to blame. They passed up Swift, Rush, H0r0 and ReignOver so they could keep Bengi.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

CommaToes posted:

Why isn't Krepo on the desk full time? He is better at this analysis and interviewing business than Sjokz.

Because he still wants to play at the professional level, and still considers himself good enough to do so, and doesn't want to give that up yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Jayisspecial posted:

Wicked sucks, but the rest of the team rates pretty highly among their positions, do they not? I thought Froggen was the shotcaller. Is it fair to dump on the team and suggest he'd be better elseware if all he can offer are some really good mid mechanics most of the time? If he is the shotcaller he may the one failing the team.

Everytime they show their audio segments, it sounds like their shotcalling is non-existent, just everybody shouting, and Froggen just naturally being the loudest.

• Locked thread