Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
EU LCS was always worth a watch because of Joe & Deman, don't have quite as much motivation to keep up on it now that Quickshot is the primary pbp guy. That kind of sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Sexpansion posted:

I know Krepo is one.

krepo is only on the desk for week 1, they are supposed to rotate people in and out. Although since he lives there I can't imagine Krepo not being the guy who is there the most often. Plus hes cool. I've never heard Piratechnics or whatever, I hope he is good.

I like Deficio even with some of the weird speech patterns he gets into as a result of not being a native english speaker.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Obscurity posted:

Everyone on Elements is now Spanish.

I just got this :haw:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Febiven is xerath ult scripting / Elements is not xerath ult dodge scripting

They havent dodged a single ult charge

Edit: Yea as much as I like making fun of Wickd he was making GBS threads on Huni as Irelia. He would trade 75% of Huni's health for almost none of his own with only a phage while having a 30 cs lead in lane. Shook did nothing on the map pretty much. Their one good early game play was getting the first dragon.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
flash timbers is too strong

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Libertine posted:

Forgiven is really loving good. I always thought he was a great solo queue player who was always mediocre in competitive. I don't know if that's the case now. Maybe it was his team that was total poo poo back when he played previously.

This new SK team is so much better than the one from last year. Two huge upgrades at Mid and ADC and they are like just way more dominant.

thought he always very good when he was actually on a team. His only problem was being a toxic rager shithead. Having him and fox instead of jesiz & candypanda is a huge upgrade I agree. It makes SK probably 2nd best or best team in EU. If they could move Nrated to coach and get a more skilled support they'd be very very good.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Libertine posted:

I'm really surprised that he and Dexter are both FAs right now. Those guys are easily better than half the junglers in competitive.

Amazing is on Origen. I bet he could have easily got on an LCS team but Origen is almost guaranteed to get into LCS next split by winning Challenger. They are by far the strongest team. The scrims / ranked 5s that have been posted of them is just them making GBS threads on every other challenger team and some lcs teams.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Dexter aggressively flashing over a wall and snowballing someone with full health as Nunu is probably my favorite league play of all time. I think Dexter ended up dying, or the other person just walked away.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
piratechnic or whoever is pretty good, i approve

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
games like this make me remember why froggen is good player

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
want that devil squadron icon, where is it on the store, riot?!

Edit: Watching the OGN broadcast and Faker's mid ezreal was so dirty vs IM.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I expect Team Liquid, WInterfox, TSM, C9, & Gravity to have competitive games. And Im sure a team like Impact or something will surprise. The only thing is that week 1 might be lame because so many subs have to be used.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Flameingblack posted:

HTC TSM Snapdragon IBUYPOWER

I heard this guys a good jungler

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Sion will definitely be in the top lane mix this season. He has already had some monster games in Korea in the preseason and a few nice ones in the regular season.

Libertine posted:

Oh boy it's Rhux.

this is what the opposing team says

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Is Apollo whats his face? Guy who died 3 times before 2 minutes in his debut?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
lustboy learning english has made me realize he is really funny and the coolest person in NA LCS right now

wat a loving troll

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Allyn posted:

That Sion cheese :pwn: is that... normal?

its been a thing since the rework, its pretty cool

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

CommaToes posted:

Does Team 8 have some kind of secret weapon or something? They look to be totally outclassed here.

They are the xbox one, no secret sauce. You're looking at the 10th or 9th place LCS team. CLG is like a middle of the pack team that could be a top 4 type team if they cure themselves of clg disease

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Libertine posted:

Team 8 is the 8th place team. Obviously. Several NA teams are going to complete implode and finish 9th and 10th.

Is this the most competitive bottom 3 in LCS history? I feel like theres a good 3-5 teams that will be fighting fiercely to finish as the worst team in LCS.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Today We are all keith

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Wasnt it the bloodthirster change that pushed Caitlyn out of competitive play? She was widely picked in S3 and early S4. I think not being able to get that big damage boost in your autos made her less cool, and hyperer carries started coming into vogue and of course Corki had to come back for Worlds.

Not to mention Lucian being released and getting buffed until he became the most dominant ADC in the game.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Sneaky is unquestionably the best player on C9 right now.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Libertine posted:

Sion looks really bad in competitive no matter who is playing him. He's just like a big lumbering dumb champion who misses most of his poo poo and then runs into a wall.

Naw he has had some monster games in korea. He gets really, really hard to kill.

Balls has been really disappointing top lane since like half way through season 4 to now though.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Libertine posted:

I know I've seen like one or two good Korean Sion games, but lots of bad ones there as well. I want to see RoA Sion again.

I dont think Sion is some OP must pick in top, but he is certainly viable and brings some cool things to the table. Duke had back to back really good Sion games in preseason IIRC.

Duke may have been the only one who played a good Sion so far, and Ssumday this week.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Im curious as to how C9 will shape up, because the meta should actually favor Hai atm with LB, Fizz, and Zed being good picks, but its pretty obvious he bad.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
maplestreet is one of those people who you can just look at and know he hasnt taken a shower in a few days

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Libertine posted:

Yeah I also don't think he's a power pick in a lot of these guys hands. He relies on having a perfect team engage, perfect vision control, so many things have to go right for him to have one of those Rengar games. He's deceptively powerful on the top end but rarely gets to it.

Maple's positioning has been real good in some of these fights. That LeBlanc dive defense was flawless. It would be hilarious if OddOne was a sleeper agent and gave Maple all the TSM strats.

Bros before Bay? Surely not!!!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
You can't underestimate Team 8 because Slooshi and Calitrollz are actually pretty good. The way you should be beating this team is by playing smarter.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Amazing left TSM, it wasn't like TSM kicked him out. Amazing being home sick and wanting to go back to EU put TSM in a bad spot this offseason since it was going to be hard for them to do anything at jungler.

I think Santorin is probably a decent prospect, and might develop into a top class jungler, but I think its more likely TSM goes full Yankees and dumps him for a big talent around summer split. Maybe Meteos when C9 disbands.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I dont know what to say if you dont think Meteos would be an upgrade to Santorin. Meteos can play like every jungle in every meta + some weird off meta picks. The only junglers I'd want over Meteos are Korean.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
The biggest mystery on C9 for me is Balls, because he was the best top in NA for so long, able to play every champ including the ones Dyrus couldn't like Nidalee. I don't think C9's starve top strategy helped him out much in the 2nd half of least season through worlds, but he shouldn't look as bad as he did this weekend. Hai is a lost cause IMO, you just have to believe in the shot call magic and hope he gets Zed so he can just dive the enemy ADC every teamfight. Once Balls gets back in order, and I don't think he was ever one to have motivation issues, C9 should start winning because Hai can play around a strong 4 man squad.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
What the gently caress? I wasn't included on a best AD carry list created by the 16th best AD carry in this region on his stream?

I will crush him.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Badfinger posted:

Actually that sort of thing reminds me more of Kobe, but this works.

Wanting to crush is probably more Kobe, but being incredibly butthurt that a guy you never met before and who you are obviously better than didnt rank you in a personal list is definitely an A-rod thing.

God bless their vindictive, attention & approval craving hearts.

Michael Jordan would not say anything but show up every game and destroy Apollo.
Kobe would have a monster game and probably taunt him.
A-rod would show up outside Apollo's house every night screaming,'WHY DONT YOU LOVE ME'

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Pobelter wanted a rival so twitters greatest troll Lustboy declared himself a better midlaner in NA and started the rivalry. Now he is just relentlessly trolling pobelter on twitter:

quote:

@Pobelter 44m44 minutes ago San Dimas, CA

american markets dont sell the 40 lbs sacks of rice smh

quote:

@LustboyLoL 56s56 seconds ago

@Pobelter I bought them before you.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
On one hand Forgiven is probably a toxic shithead, on the other hand its cool to see a very motivated and skilled player put onto a real team trying to compete for worlds that appreciates and nurtures those aspects. Dude might become a monster this split.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
lol @ 3 teams choosing to lose to reksai

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Savage Cracker posted:

They lost to TSM so ?

They lost to gravity with Meteos playing reksai. TSM won with Hot Guy Six Pack showing his true potential on the underpowered champion Reksai

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
forgiven almost has 100 more cs than Vardags

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Bengi sucks. SKT looked boss in preseason but I think Bengi is their weakest link right now,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
bengi is toilet

skt making me sad with awful pick ban. Even though they could have won game 1 i still think they got outpicked. they also give up hella dragons because bengi is too busy being toilet

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Jan 31, 2015

• Locked thread