Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Nice work. My only recommendation would be changing the forums tag to Event or Video instead of Let's Play. I'm not sure which is the standard for watching threads, but I'm pretty sure it's one of those two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Easyhoon seems to be much better than Faker on siege type champions, which seems to be more what SKT needs in the lineups they are running. From their first 5 games it's very clear that they prioritize Xerath very highly (more highly than any other team it seems like, they've taken it in 60% of their matches) and Easyhoon appears to be much more comfortable on that champion than Faker. I think it's an extension on his old Ziggs mastery, he's just a really excellent player of long-range mages.

Faker is much better on assassins and big play type champions because his rapid decision-making is just superior to almost any other player in the world. He had a great game on Leblanc so far this season and really unimpressive games on Xerath and Ahri.

Additionally, when Faker is in the lineup, enemy teams seem to be camping mid to shut him down but Faker isn't getting the same level of jungle support he used to when he and Bengi were basically attached at the hip. When Easyhoon is in the lineup he gets a lot more reign from the enemy team and they usually pay for it. I think they are both excellent players who have completely different styles which compliments different things SKT is trying to run. It also makes sense that Easyhoon is more comfortable early in the season, because this team that is now SKT is basically SKT T1S with Bengi in the jungle and sometimes Faker. The rest of team K is all gone.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Lovechop posted:

it's only a problem if you're losing imo

infact let's bet cash money on fantasy lcs, always all in on CLG

Ah the old Cash Losing Game.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Yeah that's the wrong link, you gotta post a link with a join-something in the URL. That's just a link to the league page.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Sexpansion posted:

One more spot open! Then we'll discuss drafting times.

Since I haven't played a team yet, I joined your league as Eddy's 0-8 Bloodlust, which was my team name last year but the league I had never actually drafted, so I figured I'd re-use it.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

exethan posted:

was his 0-8 bloodlust on support kennen or amumu?

The heated intensity of Genja and Edward hating each other during Gambit's major competitive lull before their roster changes. Time lord Genja was working on new builds to capitalize on mana maximization and farming 300 CS before engaging a single enemy champion. Edward was looking into playing non-conventional things like Amumu and Gragas just so he had more opportunities to fly into the enemy team and slap the poo poo out of them before dying as much as possible. Really it's pretty clear looking back on it that they were totally incompatible as teammates.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I'm good at just about any waking hour.

I've tried like three times to get into LPL and I just can't. Even though the level of play has raised there and has lowered in Korea, I just don't care about the LPL teams at all. I wish Korea had just paid their players more. Also I much prefer listening to Monte/DOA than whoever the Aussie guys are doing the LPL English.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Obscurity posted:

I find it hard to keep up with both NA and EU..I don't know how some of you follow LPK/LPL/etc as well. :saddowns:

I work from home and I watch almost all the games on VOD on a second monitor while I'm working. I've watched NA/EU/Korea almost in their entirety for the last two years. There's no way I could keep up with it if I didn't have literally the best working arrangement a person could have in life.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

CJ Entus picked up Beats by Dre as an official sponsor:
https://www.facebook.com/entus.progaming/posts/696657667098823

I wonder how the hell that came together. Pretty cool to see a big electronic brand that's not solely gaming related or Korean industrial in the esports realm.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Is it happening tonight or tomorrow? Tonight I'm sitting here refreshing wondering what the hell is going on. Tomorrow I've got plans so I would be pretty much hosed for the draft.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Jonny Angel posted:

Should be over, yeah? How'd I do?

Here you go:

We are week one opponents so good luck to you.

I have Impact and I think he is missing Week 1 so I subbed him out. Is there any 100% confirmed list of people who are missing week 1 of LCS due to visa issues?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Jonny Angel posted:

The bad news is that none of the teams I was sincerely rooting for won except for UoL.

The good news is that autodraft gave me Forg1ven and my opponent this week went hard on Gambit.

Yeah that's me. Watching the Gambit game was even more heart-breaking than usual. Diamond had a negative fantasy score. :cry:

I was sick all morning but woke up this afternoon and watched the games on delay. Was a solid start to the season. I thought Fnatic would be competing for bottom of the table and now I think they might be competing for the top of the table. Holy poo poo were they impressive.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Forgiven is really loving good. I always thought he was a great solo queue player who was always mediocre in competitive. I don't know if that's the case now. Maybe it was his team that was total poo poo back when he played previously.

This new SK team is so much better than the one from last year. Two huge upgrades at Mid and ADC and they are like just way more dominant.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Hate to be a Monte parroting echo chamber but blind pick Xerath getting hard countered by a dive champion is almost like clockwork at this point. Every team is smart enough to punish it.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Sexpansion posted:

Freeze and Unlimited are pretty much the only thing I like about CW right now.

Youngbuck should only play Heimerdinger and Vladimir and then they would be doing much better.

I thought Airwaks was awful last year so I'm not sure why they brought him back. Soren wasn't too hot either.

They actually upgraded their ADC because Roccat "poached" Woolite who was terrible.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I honestly thought they disabled the possibility of that in the store a few patches ago to counter people feeding/trolling.

The more you know.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Xerath definitely had about 3 windows of time he could have empowered recalled there, but he probably forgot about that ability.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Also I'm no coach, but I would definitely ban Jax against Giants in the future. Considering Werlyb will seemingly play it into anything and relentlessly win with it.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Sexpansion posted:

I can't believe I'm saying this because I've never been a huge fan of his but Amazing has somehow become really underrated.

I'm really surprised that he and Dexter are both FAs right now. Those guys are easily better than half the junglers in competitive.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Jax is a counter to Gnar? Jax seems like a terrible matchup into both Renekton and Gnar, and he completely power-bombed both of them.

I'm not sure though. I haven't seen a lot of Jax since Gnar came out. This game might have been the first time I've seen the two matched up in competitive.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

That all makes sense. I just figured that the ubiquity of first-pick Gnar and his kit versatility made him virtually uncounterable and also figured that Jax has a hard time getting that first foothold against almost all the meta picks, but those justifications seem to be clear advantages in many ways and Werlyb especially seems to have no problem playing it into Gnar.

Aumanor posted:

Another Xerath blind pick... Don't do this to me, Roccat.

With the Fizz response. Hopefully Xerath has his dancing shoes.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Gnar nerfs haven't really impacted his pro popularity at all. If anything he's more popular than he was at his peak because he's not banned permanently.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Transient People posted:

And on a more current note, goddamn Vander. He's on fire after that shitshow yesterday! Guess Roccat is less of a fraud than Gambit.

I think Vander and Jankos have always been really really solid players. It's the rest of their roster that's always been super inconsistent.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Sexpansion posted:

I don't understand the Olaf pick at all but hey whatevs.

Olaf seems to be right below the top tier of junglers right now as far as many competitive junglers are concerned. I played a game of him last night. He seems really strong in the new jungle especially how he increases in strength getting taken low in the early parts of the new jungle.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Crazy Larry posted:

Oh cool. so now Olaf/Zed is going to be big in solo queue.

I'm not playing ADC for a while.

When has Zed not been big in solo queue?

Furthermore, when has ADC ever been fun to play in solo queue?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Already dropped Gambit for Fnatic in fantasy. Sorry to my guys. New Franco-Korean supremacy.

Time for the battle we've been waiting all day for.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

POE fat fingered the shockwave and still got the double.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I knew when I named my team Eddy's 0-8 Bloodlust that I was predicting both my own record and his usual game score. I've not lost all hope yet, I could still get decent performances from my NA ADCs on my roster.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Flameingblack posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames

Control of first place between.....CJ Entus and GE Tigers? Who would have predicted that.

Not sure why I'm awake right now but I might stay up for this.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I'll take Cloud 9, Coast, Gravity, Liquid, and Team 8.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I think TSM drafted better but they will still lose.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Lustboy with the pre-boots manner Mejai's.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

TSM stands in a warded bush. Hai and Lemon throw out two completely missed ults. Balls jumps in then turns into mini Gnar. Bjergsen fires a whole missed spell rotation and BOTH TEAMS RETREAT.

What a battle.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

These are among the worst Fizz/Gnar games I've ever seen played competitively. C9 will still win though when they hit Dragon stacks.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

No wonder Hai lost it for them, look at that awful earring he is wearing. I feel like I'm in some 1990s wayne's world dream scape.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Lovechop posted:

great we're up for a coast game next!! can't wait to see jesiz sit in mid lane and farm some waves for a while and then just sort of exist on the map while stuff happens around him

I accidentally auto-drafted Jesiz for my fantasy team so I'm hoping for some kind of really uncharacteristically great play from him like we've never seen before ever.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I knew it was over as soon as the Saint Lee Sin got locked in.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Oh boy it's Rhux.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Protect the Keith comp incoming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

The obsessive pinging in this game is making it hard to listen to.

• Locked thread