Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

JFairfax posted:

it sounds like fly me to the moon??

FallaGa is an anagram for FAG ALLA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

to all the brave soldiers that died on the cyber battlefield, rip. your 72 bits are waiting in cyber valhalla.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
im bummed i missed this

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

quote:

Some Notepad++ users pointed out several links in reddit to me, these threads were talking about some sexist jokes included as easter eggs in Notepad++:
http://www.reddit.com/r/TwoXChromosomes/comments/27eg8r/oc_sexism_in_tech_an_example/
http://www.reddit.com/r/girlsgonewired/comments/27ehbx/sexism_in_tech_an_example/

I don't consider myself as a sexist person, and believe me, I hate sexist people. But after reading it again, I can see there are indeed some jokes of poor taste, I have to admit that they are sexist. I am sorry for including such inappropriate content in Notepad++. All the sexist jokes will be removed from the next release and such jokes will never be in Notepad++ binary.

quote:

Here are a few of the worst "jokes:"
If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn't, you hunt that bitch down and kill her.
I'm not saying I hate her. I just hope she gets fingered by wolverine
If you ever wanna know what a woman's mind feels like? Imagine a browser with 2857 tabs open, all the time.
The reason women will never be the ones to propose is because as soon as she gets on her knees, he will start unzipping.
I'm no gynecologist, but I know a oval office when I see one.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

would never see anything like that in vim

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

i like how but this time he has gone too far

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW

Sniep posted:

cyberterrorists can turn your computer into a bomb .. way .. to make you question your ideology and find those sympathetic to the cause of Islam's primary purpose of killing people

They posted the name and addresses and ranks etc of only a hundred thousand officers but w/e who cares about that

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

black man 3 posted:

They posted the name and addresses and ranks etc of only a hundred thousand officers but w/e who cares about that

someone was claiming that the stuff they were posting was publicly available

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

PELASTINE

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

je suis ISIS

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
nous sommes penn state

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

so the west colonizes, occupies, overthrows, sanctions and bombs middle eastern countries for decades and then a couple cartoonists who literally draw blacks (whom they refer to as "le blacks", or "the blacks") as monkeys or chimps decide to place their sights on an anti-western uprising of these people which has been stoked by the exact people that the USA promoted as the Pathway to Peace and low-and-behold they retaliate.. and now everyone says they are Charlie.. everyone is marching and tweeting in support of a racist, sexist, xenophobic hate publication in a march literally (heh) led by a muslim murdering war criminal and shame on obama for not marching arm-in-arm with these promoters of peace and understanding (i am being ironic, they are racist war mongering genocidrs)

peace (if you even know what that means)

PleasureKevin fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jan 13, 2015

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

PleasureKevin posted:

so the west colonizes, occupies, overthrows, sanctions and bombs middle eastern countries for decades and then a couple cartoonists who literally draw blacks (whom they refer to as "le blacks", or "the blacks") as monkeys or chimps decide to place their sights on an anti-western uprising of these people which has been stoked by the exact people that the USA promoted as the Pathway to Peace and low-and-behold they retaliate.. and now everyone says they are Charlie.. everyone is marching and tweeting in support of a racist, sexist, xenophobic hate publication in a march literally (heh) led by a muslim murdering war criminal and shame on obama for not marching arm-in-arm with these promoters of peace and understanding (i am being ironic, they are racist war mongering genocidrs)

ummm.... ok

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

je suis charlie!!! *tortures journalists*

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

hosed up if true

PleasureKevin posted:

both hosed up and true

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
im real glad the media is giving credit for having taken the military 'offline' lol

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

why does USCENTCOM need a twitter presence in the first place

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

pr for the military. they have been using it to disseminate videos of isis getting blown to hell recently.

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

Captain Foo posted:

hearts and minds

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

PleasureKevin posted:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

black man 3 posted:

we have a hundred thousand officers? hosed up.

RubberJohnny
Apr 22, 2008
the us military had to contract twitter to take the account down, despite having cyberwarrior units

CYBERWARRIORS

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Citizen Tayne posted:

over 200,000: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Armed_Forces#Personnel_in_each_service

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW

Citizen Tayne posted:

Commit a murder in the US military and you're fast tracked

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

everyone on my Facebook is super pissed (even the ex military) because they think ISIS hacked centcom like a beachhead at d-day and this is just stage one

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Luigi Thirty posted:

everyone on my Facebook is super pissed (even the ex military) because they think ISIS hacked centcom like a beachhead at d-day and this is just stage one

but didn't they post confidential ISIS information?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

but didn't they post confidential ISIS information?

they posted a bunch of crap from last year's strategic readiness report from congress

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Luigi Thirty posted:

they posted a bunch of crap from last year's strategic readiness report from congress

was that already released to the public?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

RubberJohnny posted:

the us military had to contract twitter to take the account down, despite having cyberwarrior units

CYBERWARRIORS

yeah but chair force

there's currently an argument over whether they should relax basic training physical fitness and combat training requirements in order to get more nerds to fight our future cyberbattles

I remember someone at the fbi said if they relaxed their drug policy they'd get way better candidates but someone freaked otu at that

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

PleasureKevin posted:

i didnt know you were allowed to post in all lower case in d&d now

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

qirex posted:

yeah but chair force

there's currently an argument over whether they should relax basic training physical fitness and combat training requirements in order to get more nerds to fight our future cyberbattles

I remember someone at the fbi said if they relaxed their drug policy they'd get way better candidates but someone freaked otu at that

nah just keep funneling money into contractors to do all that stuff, far more money

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

was that already released to the public?

apparently all of it was? i dont know where you would find a recently-dated ppt about a cia operation to get yellowcake though

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

hobbesmaster posted:

nah just keep funneling money into contractors to do all that stuff, far more money

yeah but imagine how many more useless cyberwarriors we could have for the same money

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Beeftweeter posted:

apparently all of it was? i dont know where you would find a recently-dated ppt about a cia operation to get yellowcake though

well this would determine whether or not someone did hack them (and yes, i know that hacking their twitter account wasn't hacking central command)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

qirex posted:

i seem to recall it was actually the director

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

IIRC saying you've smoked weed more than 10 times in your life permanently bars you from working for them

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

qirex posted:

IIRC saying you've smoked weed more than 10 times in your life permanently bars you from working for them

which shows exactly how easy it is to avoid working for an institution that's stupid enough to think that "a number of times" is a good thc threshold

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

other ways to fail that question:
- do you mean days or numbers of times in a single day?
- I don't remember
- you're kidding, right?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

well this would determine whether or not someone did hack them (and yes, i know that hacking their twitter account wasn't hacking central command)

yeah i know what you meant, i saw this cnn article linked on arse technical that says all of it was unclassified

although just being "unclassified" doesnt discount the idea that a hack still took place though i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Beeftweeter posted:

yeah i know what you meant, i saw this cnn article linked on arse technical that says all of it was unclassified

although just being "unclassified" doesnt discount the idea that a hack still took place though i guess

cool that's good info, thanks

yeah it would be pretty dumb if they went through the effort of hacking them if it could have been obtained by just about anyone anyway

• Locked thread